Monday, 26 September 2011

What A Weekend!

I now feel sufficiently well-rested to blog about what I was up to at the weekend. Since starting work weekends feel very precious and this one was certainly a weekend to remember.

I started my Saturday with an 8k run (my Richmond Park 10k is in less than a month!) before getting dressed up for the day. I love wearing non-daytime clothes during the day - I did get a few odd looks but a couple of complete strangers said that my dress was pretty which was nice. Compliments from people I don't know always make my day so next time you see someone wearing something nice, tell them!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dress: Warehouse

First stop was Wholefoods Kensington to pick up some of my favourite Teapigs teas. They're a little pricey but definitely worth it. The popcorn tea is my favourite, it tastes like Sugar Puffs cereal but without all the sugar and rubbish:

Photobucket

Then it was on to Susie's leaving do, the whole reason for wearing the dress and heels to Wholefoods! First stop was MyHotel Bloomsbury for afternoon tea. It was great to meet everyone and the food was so yummy, especially the macaroons:

Photobucket

Unfortunately that was the only picture I took of the day. In all my excitement of meeting new bloggers and catching up with those I'd met at other events I completely forgot to take any photos, most unlike me! Once we were all together I felt a lot less self-conscious about being dressed up in the daytime and it was good to be able to share the pain of spending a day in heels as in the "real world" a lot of my friends are boys who obviously just don't understand.

Our next stop was Cafe Luc and it was then onto Circus for a yummy free cocktail. I'll definitely be heading back to Circus, the performances were amazing (I thought y hula-hooping skills were good until I saw one of the performers hula-ing about 30 at once). After our drinks in Circus we headed over to Wagamama in Covent Garden for dinner and then it was time to say our good-byes and for me to head home and collapse into bed after a tiring but very fun day.

Big thank yous to Sherin and Rachel for organising everything and giving Susie such a good send-off. The girls organised goodie bags for us all which was such a nice surprise - I'll definitely be wearing my jumpsuit once I find a way to make it slightly less see-through!

Photobucket

What did you get up to this weekend?
Share:

16 comments

  1. I looove Teapigs!! Popcorn is one of my favs too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is adorable,I love it!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoyed Saturday!! I loved your dress. It's so pretty. And I remember your heels being fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything to got there! I love the style of that dress, the shape especially is so flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie's party looks so good - yummy nibbles! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your stile and follow your blog.
    Hope you will do the same.
    Hugs,
    Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems like a great day! Good luck with your running! 10k is impressive! :) X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool dress!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your oufit, I would've complimented you for sure! :) And I love posts like these, so interesting to find out what people have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lily, you literally have the nicest dress collection ever! The leaving party looks lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely dress! I so love London and afternoon tea! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had such a great time! Was lovely to catch up with you. Loved your dress! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey! LOVE the looks and write ups. Please let me know what you think of mine? Your blog is a real inspiration!

    Kisses, Polly x

    http://roses-are-blue-fashion-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig