Thursday, 22 September 2011

Tea For Two at Luton Hoo

A couple of weeks ago my mum and I visited Luton Hoo for afternoon tea. Luton Hoo is a former stately home which is now a hotel. We arrived a bit early which gave us time to walk around the grounds - as a London girl it was lovely to be in so much open space and I really felt like I'd spent a day in the countryside! The house looked like something out of a period drama and the gardens were stunning and beautifully kept. I loved the grass tennis court, never seen anything like it before!

Photobucket

We then headed to the tea room for our afternoon tea. The tea lounge was full of comfy sofas and giant portraits of the family members who used to live at the house. We had a tea platter of warm scones, pastries and finger sandwiches as well as an unlimited supply of coffee.

afternoon tea Luton Hoo

The lemon tart was divine!

I'd definitely recommend a visit for a special occasion. The setting was beautiful and it was great being able to explore the grounds of the house.

Looking for more afternoon tea inspiration? Check out my reviews of Drink, Shop & Do and Hotel Rafayel!
Share:

6 comments

  1. This looks absolutely beautiful, one thing I miss about the UK is stately homes like this. Wide open green gardens and beautiful scenery- Malta is lovely but there is no greenery :( xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, looks like an amazing place. The grounds are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go somewhere like that for afternoon tea, it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeez, you always find such great places for Tea! :) Your my official tea-spotter! X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That afternoon tea looks beautiful- such lovely surroundings too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy- those sweet treats look delicious, beautiful scenery too x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig