Saturday, 24 September 2011

Party Dress

Last Friday was my birthday. I turned 24 which feels horribly old...I remember turning 18 and feeling like such a "grown up". Six years later, after finishing uni and starting my "proper job" I still don't feel like a proper adult. Despite my dread at getting older, I ended up having quite lovely day. Taking in chocolates definitely made me popular with my new colleagues! On Saturday I had a joint party with a friend who shares my birthday so it was the perfect opportunity to break out this dress:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The dress belonged to my Grandma, she wore it in the 1960s but it's still in perfect condition. I love how big and pouffy the skirt is. When I was walking home after the party a drunk man said that I looked like a Disney Princess - I think that's the best compliment I've ever had and definitely the nicest thing a drunk person has said to me!

On Sunday I treated myself to a one hour massage which was lovely and relaxing. My parents then came to visit and we went to Ping Pong for lunch followed by a walk along the Thames.

Oh and every birthday needs cake:

Photobucket

Or in my case, homemade scones from my dad! They were really good, shame I haven't inherited his baking skills.

What would make your perfect birthday?
Share:

18 comments

  1. OMG! I die for this dress. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEFINITELY the best compliment. And well-deserved too, you look amazing.

    Happy Birthday Lily!!

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what they say: only kids and drunks tell the truth! :) I absolutely LOVE the fact that it's the original 60s vintage dress worn by your grandma!!! :) And Happy Bday!!! X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! That dress looks gorgeous, it makes you look like a doll! And those scones look yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress, you look so lovely!
    oh 24, how I'm not looking forward to you on my next Birthday. I don't feel my age at all, I feel like I should have achieved so much, but I really haven't!
    Glad you had a good day xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the birthday wishes! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw sounds like a lovely day! The dress is incredible and it's so lovely that it has a bit of a story and family connection. You really do look like a Disney princess which is every girls dream :) xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a perfect Birthday! And love your dress. The red colour is so pretty.

    Lovely to see you yesterday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! I found that once I got over 25 I embraced getting older, I'm 30 next year which is scary but I'm also looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely dress! and a beautiful blog x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress is absolutely stunning and you look great in it! Sounds like you had a lovely day, happy belated birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice dress!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dress is so pretty, and looks amazing on you.
    Glad you had a great birthday, and don't worry about turning 24, just think with every year you have more memories and happy times to remember with special people in your life.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. this dress is priceless! I was dying to hear where it was from - a vintage find or vintage inspired, but the fact it was your grandmothers...that's the best type of vintage. You must adore it, you look so radiant in it :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday! I've just turned 24 aswell and I feel so old! Starting university feels like yesterday, I can't believe it was 5 years ago... sigh

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday! You look beautiful!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig