Thursday, 29 September 2011

Lipstick Loving: Benefit Flirt Alert

Red lipstick is one of my make-up essentials. I love the impact that it can give to an otherwise simple face and how it instantly makes me look "made up". My favourite red lipstick, Clinque's Red-y To Wear, was starting to look a little sorry for itself so I treated myself to Benefit's Flirt Alert with some of my birthday money:

Photobucket

This shade is the perfect cool-toned red for me. The shade and texture are great for daytime - it's not at all drying and feels really moisturising on my lips. The colour can easily be built up for a more dramatic look or kept sheer to make it more work-appropriate. It lasts around 4 hours before it needs re-applying and it fades gradually to a reddish stain rather than leaving that awful dark line around the edge of my lips.

Photobucket

Photobucket


This was my make-up for Susie's Leaving Do. I'm also wearing my usual base products (Elf Undereye Concealer, 17 pressed powder, Rimmel Hide The Blemish), Elf Warm Bronzer, Elf Eyeshadow Base, L'Oreal Superliner, Rimmel Lash Accelerator and Eyelure's "Kimberly" lashes (just the outer corners).



What's your favourite red lipstick?
Share:

9 comments

  1. Ooh that's gorgeous Lily! Hope you had a lovely birthday :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I think that may be one of the most perfect, wearable red shades I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got obsessed with red lipstick only in the last month and I wonder how I lived without it!! Russian Red from MAC is my favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I have so many red lipsticks it's unreal!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a very pretty colour - i feel like i need it in my life! x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig