Thursday, 1 September 2011

A Few Of My Favourite Things: August

This month I've loved:

Photobucket

Afternoon Tea at Tophams hotel, courtesy of a KGBdeals voucher.

Photobucket

Summer picnics when the weather's been nice, courtesy of Waitrose.

Photobucket

This beautiful mosaic on the Southbank.

Photobucket

Super-easy nail art with my Incoco nail stickers.

Photobucket

Salmon sashimi at Yo Sushi.

Photobucket

My first Pinkberry frozen yoghurt at Selfridges. I preferred this to Snog, the toppings were far more generous and the server was so friendly - she let me try all of the flavours before I chose watermelon.

Other August highlights:

- finishing my education for good
My last exam was on August 10th but I feel like I've had such a nice break since then. It's going to be strange not being a student anymore, I'll definitely miss student discount but guess I have had it for an extra year compared to most of my friends and I've definitely made the most of it.

- seeing Priscilla Queen of the Dessert
The best musical I've ever seen (not that I've seen many as I find most of them really cringe-y). Amazing soundtrack and definitely a more grown-up sense of humour.

- resisiting (most of) the summer sales
I have so many summer clothes that I never get a chance to wear that I'm glad I've resisted buying more. I'm not a huge fan of winter-y outfits but really need to invest in some decent jumpers and leggings if I don't want to freeze during the next few months.

What have been your August highlights?

Share:

11 comments

  1. great post! that frozen yoghurt looks yummg - would love to try that too :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try pinkberry! Purely because I've seen it on the hills and I used to be a bit obsessed

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you want to kill me with those yummy food pictures! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. The frozen yoghurt, sashimi and afternoon tea looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a gerat August. The Afternoon tea looks great, and I love your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok im seriously hungry now, i need frozen yoghurt this weekend. Wish we had waitroses supermarkets here, that salad looks unreal!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. :O your food photos are making me so hungry!
    I've not tried Pinkberry but i;m definitely a massive fan of Snog! <3 i love the little chocolate hearts they have there! (:

    xxx

    http://christinecocochanel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I personally LOVE frozen yoghurt and just like you feel like Snog should be re-named SnoB. There is also YuForia - has it's place in Soho and Covent Garden. They give you a stamp-card and after 5 stamps you get one for free. Plus - you only pay for the yoghurt and get as many different toppings as you like!!! Yum! X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure know how to keep me happy, food pics on blogs .... my favourite!!! Yummerz! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is making me HUNGRY!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. food looks delicious and i love ur nails, soo cool, your blog is soo lovely by the ways, i will be visiting it again very soon :)


    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.com/
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig