Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Review: Clarins Instant Definition Mascara

When I opened my copy of this month's Glamour magazine and saw a voucher for a free sample of Clarins Instant Definition mascara I couldn't wait to claim mine and try it out. I'm a mascara-holic but usually stick to "drugstore" brands and don't spend more than £10 on a tube as I'm very fussy about which mascaras I like and I tend to go through them pretty quickly.

Instant Definition is priced at £19 so it's over double the price of Rimmel Lash Accelerator, my current and recently re-purchased favourite.

Photobucket
Wearing: ELF Undereye Concealer, 17 Pressed Powder, Rimmel Hide The Blemish Concealer, Nars Nico Blusher, Mac Rubenesque Paintpot, L'Oreal Superliner, Clarins Instant Definition mascara, Clinque Red-y To Wear lipstick.

The Wand:
The wand of this mascara is really unusual. The tip is a rubber comb-style want with the remaining two-thirds being a standard bristle wand.

Application:
The wand is surprisingly easy to use and the comb tip really helps reach every lash. I like the slim brush as I find that big brushes just result it me making a big ol' mess around my eyes. Two coats are enough to give me the thick, dark lashes that I want and the comb part of the wand is perfect for my lower lashes.

Lastability/removeability:
No smudges or flaking all day which is a relief as I'd be very disappointed if I'd paid £19 for it and it smudged. The mascara came off very easily with my usual eye make-up remover (Clinique's Take The Day Off) and didn't leave me with panda eyes in the morning.

Overall, I'm impressed with this mascara. I'm just not sure I'm impressed enough to pay £19 for it but if money were no object I would definitely purchase the full size. Maybe it's one for the birthday list?

Did you get your free sample? What did you think?
Share:

14 comments

  1. So now I'm officially tempted to buy this month's Glamour. ;) X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review - I didn't get glamour this month so didn't get the chance!'

    Jules @ A Bit of Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my lashes were long, mine are bleh! I can never find the right mascara!


    http://juffiesplace-lovestyles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear you write the best reviews. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! Wow, your eyelashes look amazing! You don't really hear much about Clarins mascaras, but this one looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaahhhh I hate you and your super amazingly long lashes! You should not be allowed to wear mascara! =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the mascara looks like it really works! Not a fan of the price though. I guess there are other great ones al cheaper prices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good buy then! Also, your eye looks kinda scary in the top right pic!

    http://ninety2wo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this maskara is just wow!!
    u have beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the lovely birthday message on my blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your lashes are amazing. I feel I need this!x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your blog babe, you're beautiful :) xx

    http://stylefashionvintagebaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome mascara! your eyelashes look amazing :) xxx

    http://ronanronanronan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig