Friday, 26 August 2011

Incoco - The Nail Polish Revolution?

I have always been a fan of nail art. My pre-teen years were spent sticking on nail gems from Claire's Accessories and creating my own glitter nail polishes with art shop glitters and clear nail varnish. Those were the days. Nail art is now officially "in" with Giles Deacons's super-cute manicure and Wah Nails amazing hand-painted designs making the transition from "trendy" East London to Topshop branches.

While I wish I was as talented and steady-handed as Leanne my past forays into nail art have been no more complicated than Gem-style polka-dots (so simple but really effective) so when I spotted the Incoco stand in Selfridges last week, I was intrigued.

Incoco claims to be the "nail polish revoultion" boasting real nail polish in an easy-to-use stick on format lasting up to two weeks. There are a huge range of designs and when the sales assistant saw me admiring the leopard print she gave me a demonstration of how the product works. I was feeling impulsive and sufficiently impressed with my now-sparkly leopard print index fingers to spend £40 on three designs. I think this is a little pricey but it worked out cheaper to buy three sets and it was the first day after my exams. I hadn't been in a shop for a while!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My chosen designs - leopard print, tiger stripe and dog-tooth check.

After trying out the leopard print design myself I can honestly say I've never had more compliments on my nails. They are definitely a conversation starter!

Photobucket

I found these really easy to apply. I filed my nails quite short beforehand as I prefer having shorter nails, especially for dark polishes or a design like this. After lightly buffing them I applied the stickers - as my nails are short I was able to use one stick to do two nails which is a handy tip and makes the pack go further. I also had enough to do my toe nails too and I have a few left over which I'll use to do accent nails. Three days in the polish is holding up well - no chipping or peeling which I was worried about. The stickers are incredibly thin so you don't get a ridge between your natural nail and the stick like you do with a gel polish.

I'd definitely recommend these. I was worried that I'd regret spending £40 on them but I'm glad I made the impulse purchase - it's such a fun product and my nails have loved all the attention they've been getting!

Have you tried stick on nail polish?

Share:

10 comments

  1. They're gorgeous! I wonder how they measure up to the ones you can get in boots?x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the look of this, it's the nail filing part which i don't like. i so dont like filing my nails, eeek x

    liloo/@tsunimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried anything like this before but i bought my sister some nail wraps which looked really hard to put on! These look much easier, really like the look of it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like incoco's nail strips. very easy to apply and last long too <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I've tries those some times ago, not really a fan too, maybe I just never really got used to it? The leopard print looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE that leopard print pattern! send me some! ;) lol. great, great, GREAT blog!

    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this looks awesome! I am terrible at nail art so this would totally work for me! I love the patterns you chose too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have so wanted to try these and after seeing your fabulous nails...I most def am going to!! Thank you for the great review!! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  9. these look amazing! i have small nails too so it makes me think they could really work for me too! xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig