Thursday, 11 August 2011

500 Dresses Of Summer: Fresh and Floral Dresspiration

No summer dress collection would be complete without a few floral numbers. Like these. I always feel summery when I'm wearing a floral dress, even if the weather is being is usual unpredictable self. I may also be wearing a cardigan and holding an umbrella, but in my mind I'm picnic-ing in a sunny park eating strawberries.

I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite floral dresses that would make me feel summery regardless of the weather:



Vintage Summer Days Dress

I love the dark floral print of this dress. The dark background would make it a great option if its your first foray into florals too. The floaty tiered skirt is so feminine and the corset detail on the back is a really nice touch. I'd style this really simply with just some flat sandals for an easy daytime look.






Maxi Beach Dress

Despite being only 5'1 I really like wearing maxi dresses. It feels so feminine to wear something long for a change as I usually live in short dresses or shorts. This dress would definitely make it into my summer holiday suitcase as it would look great during the day by itself and would be easy to dress up for night time with heels and a long necklace. Maxi dresses can definitely be made to work in the city too, confidence and a denim jacket cover-up are all you need to prevent the dress languishing in the back of your wardrobe until your next holiday.



Fresh and Floral Dress

My fantasy summer dress collection would definitely include a white dress. White is great for highlighting a tan (whether its real or fake) and there's just something about wearing white that feels so crisp and fresh. I'd wear this with wedge sandals and a cropped cardigan or denim jacket to compliment the blue floral print. The length makes it perfect for summer in the city and means you can embrace summer style without baring too much.

All dresses from Joe Browns. Take a look at their women's dresses and let me know which one would form part of your fantasy summer dress wardrobe.

PS. This post is in association with Joe Browns but all opinions are my own. I will only ever feature brands that I believe are worth spending my own money on and only ones that I feel are relevant and appropriate to my blog.
Share:

8 comments

  1. Oh wow, I love that first dress, it's lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love picking pieces like these up at vintage shops! :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love these, especially the white one! I'm short too, but I've never worn a maxi dress because I'm worried it'll make me look even smaller, I want to try one though! xx
    Sirens and Bells

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I'm a floral dress-aholic too!

    http://www.temporary-secretary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these Summer dresses. The white is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last one floral dress is so romantic! I just love dresses and feeling all glamed-up in them! :) X

    http://www.mademoiselle-lala.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last dress is beautiful!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig