Monday, 29 August 2011

500 Dresses Of Summer: 16 and 17

Despite the fact that I arrived home today resembling a drowned rat after an unfortunate encounter with a large puddle and a speeding taxi, it is still summer and I have two new dresses to share with you:

Photobucket

Dress 16: Joy

This is definitely my new favourite dress. I love the nipped in waist, exposed back zip and heart shaped buttons. It's weird getting to the age (nearly 24) where I feel that certain dresses are "too young" for me while other styles and brands just feel too grown-up. This strikes the balance just right between girly and ladylike.

Photobucket

Dress 17: Topshop via Petticoat Lane Market, Tights: Accessorize

Despite trying to be a grown-up, I still can't resist a bargain and coloured tights. Especially in the same outfit. I'd definitely recommend a visit to Petticoat Lane if you're in London and don't mind sacrificing your Sunday lie-in. This Topshop dress was picked up for only £10. It's not a style I'd usually go for and the lace underskirt does make me feel a bit bigger than I am but for £10 it's the perfect "I feel like dressing up in the daytime" dress.

Do you struggle with age-appropriate dressing? And what's your favourite place for picking up a bargain?

Share:

11 comments

  1. Ooh I love both those dresses - such gorgeous shapes, with the nipped in waists :) And I love the print of the first one, & the colours of the second - I'm really rather jealous!

    I do know what you mean about age appropriate dressing. I'm 25 (nearly 26 - argh!) & quite often look at things & think it's 'too young' for me, or 'too grown up'! I also think I find it hard personally, because I work in a school, with teenagers. So I associate certain things with them, & then feel like I couldn't get away with them - if that makes sense..?

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love prints but i think it makes me look younger. I am 26 with the body shape of a 12 year old girl. So recently, i've stuck to darker colours to appear to look older. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost 24 aswell and I know exactly what you mean, I don't want to lose touch with topshop and newlook I really don't - but at the same time I don't want to come across muttony.
    Love these 2 dresses though - you've got the balance just right : )
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first dress. It looks like it fits really well!
    I definitely want to go to Petticoat lane now. I once went to Portebello Market and it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cut of both of these dresses are so flattering! I love the second one paired with the purple stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first dress makes your waist look so small. I love the pattern on it too. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first dress :) Petticoat Lane sounds amazing, I'll defo have to take a trip there before I go back to uni. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fab! I love the first dress on you especially!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't believe you've snapped this dress for £10! :) Such a bargain! :) I love coloured tights, but I sometimes have a difficulty of pairing it with the dresses/skirts. I don't want to get OOT, it sometimes happens with me. ;) X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so great! That's definitely something I want to look into doing. :) makeup artist in Sydney

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig