Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Tea For Two [Hotel Rafayel - Banyan On The Thames - Review]

Afternoon tea is one of my favourite girly treats. I'm quite a healthy eater most of the time (Diet Coke addiction aside) so the occasional cake splurge is a nice little indulgence every so often. My mum and I recently had afternoon tea at the Hotel Rafayel in Battersea. Despite living in London all my life I'd never been to Battersea before so we had a nice walk through over Chelsea Bridge and through Battersea Park. I love discovering new parts of my home city. The afternoon tea was purchased via Groupon, I think it was £24 which is pretty good value considering that most London afternoon teas are at least £20 each.

Afternoon Tea Battersea

We started off with a glass of champagne. I'm not a fan of champagne so after posing for a picture I donated my glass to my mum, aren't I a nice daughter? We then had a plate of finger sandwiches each with various fillings, I don't usually eat sandwiches but these were pretty good - I forgot how nice white bread tastes! After the sandwiches we were offered tea or coffee (I went for green tea) and our cake platter arrived. This was beautifully presented - scones on the bottom layer with jam and fresh cream, mini gateaux on the middle layer and a rather "on trend" top layer featuring macaroons, cupcakes and a little dish of fresh fruit. My favourite was definitely the vanilla cupcake as it was the first time I'd ever had one (shocking I know). The macaroons were delicious too.

PhotobucketAfternoon Tea Battersea

Dress: The Laden Showrooms

My mum and I had a lovely afternoon, the food was delicious and it was nice to have some indulgent girly time. The setting of the hotel, right on the river, was really nice and although it was a little out of the way to get to it felt like we'd left the business of central London behind for a few hours at least.

Where's your favourite place for afternoon tea? I'd definitely recommend checking out Groupon as they seem to have quite afternoon tea deals which makes it much more affordable. Check out my Drink Shop & Do review too - another Groupon bargain!
Share:

14 comments

  1. lovely! the cakes look adorable and i bet they tasted delicious :) i will definitely have to check out groupon soon

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh very fancy, everything looks (and sounds) fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks absolutely gorgeous! :) I really want to go somewhere for afternoon tea now *hits google* - the dress is gorgeous too!x

    lauramarycoyne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. those scones look yummy... I want an afternoon tea in London too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks stunning http://allthingsprettyandsparkly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love afternoon tea, I'm always dragging my mam/boyfriend/friends with me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks wonderful! I haven't been out for afternoon tea in far too long, in fact I may have to do me and my friends a nice spread sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWW what a cool idea, i think I want to do that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look lovely and this food looks yummy!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The food looks absoutely delicious and you look lovely in the pink dress. Really wish I'd taken advantage of their afternoon tea offers now, will have to keep my eyes peeled for their next one x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds perfect! My newest addiction is frozen yoghurt in Soho. There are two great new places there. ;) X

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dress is stunning! You always have the cutest dresses! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a lovely afternoon tea, your dress is gorgeous too x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely day! Your dress here is soo pretty! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig