Sunday, 24 July 2011

Shoot Me

As a blogger, I'm used to taking my picture either of my make-up, outfits or quite often, just my eye. My laptop's hardisk is aching under the strain of self-taken pictures of me (probably). I use a tripod for my outfit shots or occasionally my mum/a friend if we're out and about but I've not had pictures taken by a professional photographer since my graduation. Graduation photos felt like a necessity to a very hectic day so I didn't even have the time to feel self-conscious about having them taken. A professional photographer is a whole other matter though. I'm really glad I did get my pictures taken at the Aussie Lusciously Light party as my hair did look pretty good after being expertly styled but I found it so cringe-worthy! I think I look a little awkward in the photos, it felt so strange posing in front of a photographer, even in front of a group of other bloggers but I'm glad I did it - it's nice to have "proper" photographs and they bring back great memories of the day:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Do you get camera-shy?
Share:

15 comments

  1. You look lovely. I never get camera shy, its quite funny actually. Love Sia xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely in all of these, particularly the 3rd one, it's so gorgeous!
    I'm beyond camera-shy to the point where I actually try to avoid cameras...oh dear! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you felt awkward, you looks so natural and effortlessly pretty! :)
    I absolutely hate getting my picture taken, I don't know how to pose so I just look like I am really awkward or slightly demented, neither a good look to go for :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look really nice! I know what you mean though, I detest having proper posed pictures taken (especially on my own). It makes me cringe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get camera shy, yes! Hate the awkwardness! Some people are such naturals. I'm only not camera shy when I'm drunk. Tragic! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh your hair looks so nice! It looks so healthy!
    I do get a bit camera shy, unless I've had a couple of drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to get camera shy and now after blogging for a couple of years I am a lot less awkward now!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You dont look awkward at all, dear!
    I do get camera shy somtimes ;p

    <3
    http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always nice to get photos done by a professional. The guy at Aussie was great and you look lovely in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God, I HATE professional photographer's photos! You can ALWAYS tell they are so not you and fake-posed. ;)

    My boyfriend takes all of the photos of me on my blog, and let me tell you, it was so hard to start posing at first, but it get easier. So I guess it's similar with professional photographers. ;) X

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so pretty! Yes, I do get camera shy sometimes. I'm actually pretty brave when it comes to me taking pics of myself, but when it's like a group photo or something, I hate it because there's always that vain person who keeps it just because THEY look good in it and everyone else looks terrible! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. You don't look awkward at all, the pics look great. I'm totally camera shy too, I envy people who can just strike a pose without caring! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely pictures, you look lovely! By myself I'm never camera shy but when someone else holds the camera I feel a bit cringy!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, you don't look awkward at all! I get camera shy sometimes but apparently i always manage to pull off a good shot, NO idea how! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look lovely, very natural in front of the camera :). I too get camera shy, not the best photogenic person!!

    Sadie xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig