Sunday, 31 July 2011

July, July

July feels like it has flown by. I know I say that at the end of every month but I actually can't believe that it is August tomorrow. I'm currently revising for exams (hopefully the last exams I will ever have to take) but study breaks are a necessity so here is my July round-up:

Photobucket

RUN LILY, RUN

I ran the Boutique Run on July 9th. I did 10k in 1:11 which I was pretty pleased with - it was my first ever race and I never thought I would be the type of person to willingly sign up to a run or chose to get out of bed at 6am to pound the London pavements while everyone else is still tucked up in bed. The day itself was so much fun - it was great to see Jen again and the atmosphere was amazing. The hot showers and hairdryers provided were a nice touch.

I've definitely caught the running bug and will be doing the Shock Absorber WomenOnly run in Richmond Park on October 22nd with Hannah. I'm aiming to cut those 11 minutes off my time.

Photobucket

FEET TREATS AND NAILS

I had my first fish pedicure at Fit Fish Spa, London Bridge. I'd been curious about them for ages so when a KBG deals offer came up for £9 I snapped it up. I'd already been to the salon for my gel manicure so I felt reassured about going there for the fish pedicure. I'm not sure how much of a difference the fish made to my feet but it was surprisingly relaxing once I'd gotten over the ticklishness. I'd definitely do it again but I think I would drag a friend along with me for the company.

NOTD - Max Factor mini from my Aussie Lusciously Light goodie bag, with an ELF glitter top coat, Misguided polish free from this month's Cosmo.

Photobucket

MISC

I was sent Rimmel's latest lipgloss offering, Vinyl Max, to review. Post coming soon (check out the oh-so-exciting revision notes in the background).

Teaching my mum how to use an iPhone camera in the John Lewis cafe.

I won these Redken goodies in the Glamour May beauty giveaway. I usually buy whatever shampoo is on special offer in Boots so I'm excited to try some high-end products!

My new favourite drink, Vita Coco - I bought these after the Boutique Run, they're so refreshing and super healthy. I'll never give up by Diet Coke but these make me feel a little more virtuous. The Virgin Mary money box was a thrift find.

Amazing lunch at Jaks - yes £10 for a salad is ridiculous but this was so good!

What did you get up to this July?
Share:

10 comments

  1. I only found out about vita Coco this weekend when I was shopping, my favourite so far is the Acai & Pomegranate! Like you I couldn't give up diet coke but vita coco is nice to have now and again. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great month. Well done for doing the Boutique Run!
    I tried the Fish Spa last month and ended up screaming and not going through with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab catch up.
    Gooc luck with the exams x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of those fab nail varnish colours, especially the blue one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm addicted to the vita coco too, I keep trying to buy it when on offer, so lovely in smoothies! Glad you've caught the running bug too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahahha :D I also won these shampoos! But given them to my mum - they're for the age-weakened hair. X

    http://www.mademoiselle-lala.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look cute with your red lippie :)


    <3
    http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the running, that is really fantastic! It looks like you had a fab month too :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait for our Richmond Park run! I was speaking to some ladies at Run Dem Crew and they said if you run around the whole pack it's arounf 7miles. Maybe we can do that in the lead up to the race =)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig