Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Hyper Japan, Kew Gardens and Impulse Buys

Thought I would share some of my pictures from last weekend. I had such a fun-packed two days which were much needed as I have exams coming up so fun is definitely off the cards until after August 10th!

On Saturday I went to the Hyper Japan exhibition at Kensington Olympia. The tickets were only £5 on Groupon but possibly due to this the queues were huge and my friend and I were really lucky to get in. I traveled around Japan in 2007 and love everything about the country - the food especially! Visiting Hyper Japan really made me want to go back.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I purchased this cute tea cup necklace for £6 from one of the stalls.

Photobucket

And these Pocky sticks. Yum!

After the exhibition we walked to Kensington, after stocking up on healthfood at Wholefoods I made a couple of sale purchases in Uniqlo:

Photobucket

Denim shorts £6.99

Photobucket

Tunic dress £9.99

On Sunday, I visited Kew Gardens. I've wanted to go to Kew for the past few years. The last time I went I was 4 and all I remember is crying in the greenhouse because it was so stuffy! Some things are definitely better appreciated as an adult!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Entry to Kew Palace was free with my Art Pass and the gardens were so beautiful. This felt like the perfect English summer day and I shall definitely be re-creating the watermelon and feta salad I had in the cafe - such a good combination!

Where have your weekend adventures taken you lately?
Share:

12 comments

  1. wow Kew Gardens looks beautiful! I'd love to go there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My recent adventures were Flying Trapeze lesson in Regent's Park. Amazing. So scary but makes you feel so awesome! :)

    I wanted to go to the Hyper Japan and now I'm bummed I've totally missed it. Maybe next year! :) X

    http://www.mademoiselle-lala.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos, i love the teacup necklace and the tunic dress is very cute too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the hello kitty stuff!!! Agh!!! :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hyper Japan exhibition looked great. I love Pocky sticks!!
    And Kew Garden looks gorgeous. I definitely need to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that tunic dress! I wish we had a uniqlo up here in the north. That exhibition looks so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous photos, I love your bargain buys!
    julia @ retro jules

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! This looks great. I'm thinking of going on a speed boat tour of London. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic photos, the gardens look beautiful. I really want one of those Hello Kitty's now ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to love Hello Kitty as a kid! Still do secretly ha! That blouse form Uniqlo looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oo wish i knew about the hyper market thing. looks cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos of Kew Gardens! I've been meaning to go all summer and I'm really hoping the weather will be sunny enough for a visit this weekend :) What's the building in your last photo? x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig