Friday, 15 July 2011

500 Dresses Of Summer: 9 and 10

Dress #9:

Photobucket

Dress: Topshop

I love this dress for many reasons. Firstly, it was £7 in the Topshop sale. Secondly, the print is perfectly summery. Thirdly, it has the cutest cut out back detail (not that you can see it here) and fourthly, it has the perfect nipped in waist.

Dress #10:

Photobucket

Dress: New Look, Hairband: Diva

I purchased this a couple of summers ago at the height of the peplum trend. Peplums may be yesterday's news now but the dress is still going strong. I guess that's the one good thing about our temperamental British summers - there are few opportunities to wear our summer clothes so they last for years. It probably makes sense to avoid of the moment trends too much and stick to classic styles that can be worn year after year although the occasional dabble in the latest trend is fun, especially when it's from New Look with student discount and probably cost less than £20.

Do you stick with the classics or experiment with the latest summer trends?
Share:

14 comments

  1. i love that first dress and what a bargain! the 2nd dress looks like it could easily be dressed up or down - perfect! xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the New Look dress, it's a really nice colour and style :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Topshop dress looks gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning dresses, LOVE the first one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who wouldn't love a dress for £7? And it looks great on

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you really suit navy!! both dresses look fab on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that second dress, it's so great isn't it! I wear mine all the time, it looks great with a cardi and leggings for the winter-time too.
    I looove the Topshop dress, anything '50s inspired is great in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh I have the first dress, I got it in the sale ages ago too :) so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving both of those dresses!! I love it when you can buy a dress and wear it for years to come!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the comments :) Love that some of you have these dresses, I love how summer dresses can last so long but that's probably because we get so few decent summer days to wear them! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looove them both but especially that first one, it fits you beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE that first dress, absolutely beautiful!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first dress is amazing! I love the print. I tend to stick to classic dresses as well: I really can't get enough wear out of them in one season.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig