Thursday, 16 June 2011

What I wore...in Prague

Packing light is not something that I'm good at. Despite having 1.5 "gap yahs" and getting far too excited over travel sized toiletries I still struggle with paring down to the bare essentials for trips away. I recently spent 3 nights in Prague and due to having exams for the two weeks prior to the trip I didn't really consider luggage until the night before when I realised that the only bag I had in London was my Longchamp Le Pliage. Deciding on only three outfits to take with me was so hard that packing took me forever. I'm definitely investing in a decent sized cabin bag for my next trip away. Here is what I ended up wearing:

Photobucket

Day 1: Jacket - H&M, Dress - Joules @ John Lewis

Day 2: Dress - TK Maxx, Sunglasses - free with an Australian magazine

Day 3: Dress - Miss Selfridge

Day 4: Shorts - Next, Button-down top - Topshop, Sandals - New Look

The weather was lovely until the last day when it rained a bit but luckily it didn't get too cold. The friend I was travelling with knew about my blog so I didn't feel too silly asking her to take full length outfit photos of me each day!

What are your "travel light" tips?
Share:

18 comments

  1. You look great, hope you had a lovely time, I'm going to have the same dilemma this weekend as I'm going to Dublin :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love day four, you look lovely in all the outfits though.
    I find it hard to pack light, I've got a lot better with foot wear though. I wear one pair, and take a pair that will go with everything & one being slightly more smarter for evenings.
    Leggings or thick tights, so they can go with a lot of things. and then just try & switch up the tops & accessories. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you look gorgeous! Love all the outfits especially number 4!:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great and you have so many lovely outfits! Love the day 2 dress :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The floral dress is my fave...you look so pretty xoxx

    http://takecareofmebeautifully.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, I'm not great at packing light but I tend to try and pack a 'capsule' wardrobe of pieces I can mix and match for different looks. Love all your outfits especially those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't pack light, I've tried but it just doesn't work. :)
    Love the jacket you are wearing from H&M, perfect cover up.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved all the outfits! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so reat at outting outfits together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so bad at packing light! I love these outfits and that last one is especially gorgeous!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look absolutely gorgeous, especially in that floral dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I NEVER travel light! I am planning some bit of travelling in few years time and am already dreading it. How people do it?!??!?!? :/ X


    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The TKMaxx dress is gorgeous!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all your comments :)
    Seems like travelling light is a bit of a challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I forced myself to become a light packer when I went travelling but it was all an unorganised jumble and I swear I looked creased for an entire year. You look fantastic and the floral dress is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you did a great job! I am a TERRIBLE packer - even if I'm just staying one night I take three outfits. I like choice! Love that TK Maxx dress. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome :)

    I was in prague last october and this is my blogpost: http://www.thefleamarketqueen.com/2014/01/i-feel-prague-tastic.html

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig