Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Recently...

It feels like I've been ridiculously busy since I got back from my Prague trip although I can't pin down exactly what I've been doing since then...general life, I guess. I have acquired a few new things which I thought I'd share:

Photobucket

An array of competition wins and freebies:

- Elle Reiss vest - practically see through but I've purchased the free tshirt Elle every year since I was 16 and I'm not going to stop now!

- Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream - £10 in the Prague Airport Duty-Free, the pot is almost too cute to use.

- Glamour competition wins - Lipcote Vanilla and Label M hair texturiser.

- Glamour Benefit freebies - not going to say anything about these other than that my lovely mummy ran out to the shops to get me all three while I was away!

Photobucket

ELF - taking advantage of free delivery

- Studio Concealer Brush - my old ELF concealer brush looks like it's been chewed so at £3.50 it was time for a new one!

- Studio Warm Bronzer - I've read good reviews of this and thought I'd give it a try as it's neither too dark nor too sparkly.

- Cuticle Pen - I get really dry cuticles so this pen may actually result in me moisturising them as I don't really like using handcream.

- Eyeshadow Base - my UDPP has nearly run out and I hate the packaging far too much to spend £11-odd on a new one.

Photobucket

Three Week Manicure

I had a voucher from KGBdeals for a three week mani-pedi at Cottons Fitness, London Bridge. It was only £19 so I thought I'd give it a go, really impressed so far, it's been over a week already (how the time flies!) and my nails are still chip free. The polish was set under an LED light so dries instantly - the best thing by far about this manicure is that it's dry when you leave the salon so there's no fear of chipping it in the first hour while it's still drying fully. The non-voucher price was £115 so I shall definitely be on the lookout for another voucher as I can see my nails looking good for a while longer.

Have you been taking advantage of freebies? Do you use deals websites to save money on beauty treatments?

I love KGB and Groupon - spa visits and manicures are such a treat for me and it's great to get them for bargain prices.
Share:

13 comments

  1. i normally use moneysavingexpert :) lovely nail vanish! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got some of the benefit freebies aswell! Oh and is the lipcote any good? A girl at work raves about it all the time and keeps urging me to get it

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo many goodies! Ive got the high beam and posie tint too :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely come across good vouchers or deals, other than blog giveaways, but I never win those haha. It's awesome how much a girl can save/acquire through all these deals tho, isn't it? :) I like your mani, what a great price deal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great finds and groupon deals, jealous! i used to love lipcote even though it stings a bit, lipcote vanilla sounds so nice though!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely nail polish ♥

    http://nemesisiodenia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The benefit freebies are great, aren't they? Looks like you've got some great finds. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How works this Cuticle Pen? I really need one, but I'm never sure if they're worth investing in! ;)

    I like free shipping deals, but they usually only extend to the books/movies/etc. from Amazon. As for beauty products, I only like to buy from the shop where I can touch/smell, although I can buy tested ones on-line. :)

    It's not fair - I only won one thing in the Glamour competition - Natio lipstain/cheekstain! X


    P.S. Don’t forget about my new giveaway!

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love picking up the magazine freebies! :)
    I'd love to hear what you think of Lipcote, I've never tried it before xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey sweetie :)
    Saw your name on the Aussie list! Hope to see you tomorrow :) Love lip tint!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Kia - I need to check that site out too!

    @ Eloise - I still need to try it out, will post a review once I've used it a few times :)

    @ A Certain Vintage - aah, hopefully it won't sting too badly...It looks like quite a scary product in the bottle!

    @ Mademoiselle Lala - I won that lipstain too but have "misplaced" it :( The cuticle pen seems good so far, just need to remember to actually use it regularly.

    @ Pippa - looking forward to meeting you today!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the new goodies and the pink polish is GORGEOUS! love it x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig