Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Review: L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara

I'm beginning to lose count of how many mascara reviews I've done...my name is Lily and I'm a mascara-holic.

My latest mascara love is one of the best I've tried for a while. It is the perfect glossy black, lengthens my lashes a LOT (I have naturally long lashes so that's saying something!), creates absolutely no clumping and lasts all day without smudging or flaking. I think it's true mascara-love. For now, at least.

Photobucket

I really like how the brush is small enough to get right into the corner lashes and I seem to get on a lot better with comb-type brushes rather than bristle ones as I like how you can really "pull" out the lashes with the brush. I bought this in Dubai airport for around £11 and a quick Google reveals that Superdrug sells it for £11.29 so while it's a little pricier than some drugstore mascaras it's a lot cheaper than Lancome's Hypnose which I was very tempted by (even more so after reading that Kate Middleton apparently wore it on her wedding day - think I still have Royal Wedding fever!).

Are you a high-end or drugstore mascara girl?
Share:

16 comments

  1. I Might just have to try this one.... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I am wearing hypnose just now but think I'm going back to chanel inimitable. At half the price tho I will give this one a shot in my gym bag and take it from there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loreal telescopic is my ultimate favourite! It's so lengthening :o) I often layer on a little max factor false lash effect over for the volume, it = perfect lashes :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this and love it but i prefer to use my brush from my old silvertubed one x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, that looks really good. I'm normally a drugstore mascara girl to be honest. Skyscraper by Collection 2000 is my number one choice at the moment.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. after trying many a mascara in my time I've settled on dior showgirl for the ultimate lengthening and thickening experience etc but if I want something for the day then high street is fine, esp since the dior one is 20 quid a pop


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow! I'm definitely going to have to pick that up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lashes already seem very long, but this mascara seems to work well for you! I'm not a big fan of L'Oréal mascaras, but I'm currently using Voluminous Carbon Black and quite like it (=

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ FatToLean - I had a sample of Chanel Inimitable and really liked it, might have to treat myself to it one day!

    @ Hannah - I need to try out Falsh Lash Effect. I often layer up mascaras too to get the perfect look!

    @ Erin - I've heard good things about Collection 2000 mascaras so might try that one next...

    @ Hannah - the Dior mascara sounds great although I seem to get through mascaras in a couple of months so £20 seems like quite a lot!

    @ Gaby - I do have quite long lashes naturally, although they're really fair so mascara is still a must! I like Voluminous too, took me a while to get used to the big brush but it's a great mascara.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your lashes look amaze! I'm so jealous! I might have to give this a try :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks like a great mascara!! your lashes looks wonderful <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohh ive been a telescopic user for a few years now, dont think i'll ever change back to bristle combs!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. check out those lashes girl! amazing! i fluctuate between high and and drugstore mascaras....i also love loreal mascaras :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your lashes look amazing! I've been using million lashes for ages, it's ok, but I'm running low. This looks like it could be my next mascara to try :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your lashes look incredible here! So long and luscious ;) might check this mascara out once I finish my current one (which is pretty rubbish) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll have to try this one...Im not usually a fan of brushes like this but your lashes look amazing in your pic, so I'm definitely trying it! x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig