Monday, 16 May 2011

A Few Of My Favourite Things: May 16th

The start of summer and nice weather means only one thing....exam time. In between revision I've been enjoying:

Photobucket

Raw vegetable Pad Thai at Daylesford Organic.
I'm trying to increase the amount of raw food in my diet (although this isn't always easy when trying to grab a quick lunch in between classes) and this was yummy enough to convince me that raw = good!

Photobucket

Early morning runs.
Now that I've bitten the bullet and signed up for the Boutique Run (thanks to Jen for the motivation and discount code) I've been even more motivated to go running. Views like this make it all the more worth it.

Photobucket

Model's Own Purple Ash.
I won this in Becka's giveaway and have got so many compliments while wearing it. It's the first Model's Own polish I've tried, it was really easy to apply and is still going strong after four days. The bottle seems huge in comparison to some of my other polishes too.

Photobucket

Dinner at Tibits.
Hidden just off of Regent Street, this vegetarian buffet restaurant is a new find. The food is so fresh and healthy and I love how you can try so many different things. I've been twice already and definitely will be visting again and again this summer.

Photobucket

Glamour's May beauty giveaway.
I've entered this every year for the last 5 years (what a loyal Glamour reader I am!) and I usually win one of the prizes!

Aussie's Lusciously Light videos: Part 2 from 1000heads on Vimeo.



Aussie Lighter Self tips.
The second video focuses on healthy eating. I'm trying (and failing) to cut down on my beloved Diet Coke although somehow revision time and copious Diet Coke consumption seem to go hand in hand...although I think I redeem myself by the amount of fruit and veg I eat!

I'm super excited for the Lighter Self bootcamp on Saturday - looking forward to meeting some of the other Lighter Self Angels there!

What have you been loving this week?
Share:

16 comments

  1. That food looks so good and really healthy too!
    I've won some Nivea goodies in this month's Glamour giveaway which i'm really happy about :) The competition is definitely worth entering! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky girl! I've never won stuff from a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous view on your run! It would be easy running if everyday was that nice haha! But usually it's gloomy and rainy and its nicer to stay inside :P I know, bad excuse !:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm also entering to win some Glamour goodies every day, hopefully I'll be lucky! ;) X

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, I have now the urge to dive head first into a bag of veggies - this looks so tasty I'll definitely be visiting next time I'm in London... and good on you with the running!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food from Tibits looks really fresh and tasty. I'm off to London in a couple of weeks, so I'll head there for some food at some point.

    I used to have the biggest Diet Coke addiction, especially when revising. I recently went cold turkey, mainly because it wasn't doing my teeth any good ... so it is possible! It's just so darn tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great nail polish color! And that is such a stunning view - I would be more motivated to run if I could see that :)

    Thanks for birthday wish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been really naughty and only done the Aussie vids twice each :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post and that nail polish!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The food looks lovely! Good luck with your revision! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That nail polish is lush! I'm glad you're a fellow rice cake addict :] and goodluck xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That food looks divine! Good luck with the running too :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, what a cute post <3 That food is making me really hungry though :D
    I've just started running too! I'm a complete beginnner so I'm half dead after one corner, haha.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Caz - congrats on winning :) I really hope I win something this year!

    @ Alyse - the Glamour comp has a pretty high chance of winning as there are so many prizes each day, just need to remember to enter it every morning!

    @ Filipa - I wish the view were like that all the time on my runs! London weather isn't the best for outdoor exercise...

    @ Mademoiselle Lala - good luck with the Glamour comp :)

    @ girlinthecity - thank you! I'd definitely recommend both of the restaurants, so yummy and healthy.

    @ everydaysapicnic - well done on quitting the DC! I will try to...one day!

    @ Gemx - thank you :)

    @ Summer - good luck with the running, it's amazing how fast your fitness improves once you start.

    Thanks for all the lovely comments!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. goodness, all your food looks amazing - next time i'm in London i'm going to have to try those places out :)

    http://notjustapples.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig