Sunday, 1 May 2011

Aussie Lusciously Lighter Self

I may have been a little absent from the blogging world lately (a hectic last week at uni before Easter followed by a very relaxing and mostly internet-free two weeks in Dubai are to blame) but am now back and ready to take on my Aussie challenge to Lighten-up my life!

The challenge is not to lose weight or have a complete image overhaul. It's about spring-cleaning your life and attitude, and of course having fun along the way. Aussie have provided the Angels who chose "Lighter Self" with the first in a series of home workouts which are quick to do and easy to fit into your daily routine. The first one is posted below:

Aussie's Lusciously Light Videos: Part 1 from 1000heads on Vimeo.



I stopped my gym membership last summer as I could no longer afford it so am a big fan of exercising at home. I love Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD and have nearly finished the Couch-to-5k iPhone app which is a great introduction to running. My goal for the summer is to build up to being able to run 10k which will be a big achievement for someone who did golf at school so that I didn't have to change into a games kit (how unstylish!) and who last year could barely run 10 metres without feeling like death!

Aussie's challenge also involves lightening up your life which for me means de-cluttering. I am such a hoarder and hate throwing things away...I try to have regular clearouts but just end up reminising over how I wore a certain top to a friend's 18th (I'm er, 23 now) or I end up engrossed in a 2005 issue of Glamour magazine which I kept for some unknown reason.

By the end of summer I am to have de-cluttered my room, my make-up collection (anything over two years old is going straight in the bin) and my wardrobe:

Photobucket

Too. Much. Stuff.

What are you tips for lightening up your life?

PS. If you're after some Lighter Style inspiration than check out Kelly's style make-over!
Share:

13 comments

  1. Ahh Im so with you on this one. I have done a bit of an overhaul (and blogged about it too). Slightly hampered by an emergency trip to Doctor last week (and subsequent shoe shopping pick me up) but loving the exercise vid! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best with your channelling! One thing I do to keep my sprites hight is, I think of 6 things that I'm grateful for before bed. Love Sia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so inspired by watching London Marathon this year that I'm going to enter few races myself. The lightening up my life for me is just relaxing - picnic at the park or a good book.

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get rid of some stuff too! I just can't motivate myself to do it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo good luck! I'm clearing out my wardrobe! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish i'd discovered your blog sooner! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. God I could never run! Good luck to you Hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also need to clean out my closet and makeup collection. I feel so much more light after I do it, and then it leaves room to go shopping for new stuff! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I'm going to the Lighter Self day in London - hope you are too!

    Running is what I'm really into at the moment. I might try the Couch to 5k app as a way to move from treadmill (where I can do 5k easily) to outdoor (struggling with 1k at the mo!) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. your wardrobe looks exactly like mine. I have way too much stuff too. I think having a good clear out is a great way to feel clearer and lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Computergirl - sounds like you're making great progress with your Lighter Self challenge so far :)

    @ Sia - that's a really nice idea, sometimes its far too easy to focus on the negative things and to forget about everything we're grateful for.

    @ Mademoisella Lala - I found the marathon so inspiring too! Really hope I'll be one of the people running it...one day!

    @ Gypysy Avenue - room for the new things is definitely the best part of having a clear-out!

    @ Jen - I can't wait for the Lighter Self day (and to meet you and the other Angels there!). Outdoor running is harder at first but I think I enjoy it more than the treadmill - the app is really great for building up slowly to running the full 5k.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these! Drink a lot of water. Oh & feel free to send your wardrobe clearout my way ;) . x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. E-Bay and Amazon :D
    But then I defeat the object by buying new outfits.. lol

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig