Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Review: Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara

Mascara is definitely my dessert island beauty must-have. Or even my regular day in London and definitely not on a dessert island must-have! I never buy the same mascara twice and while I sometimes worry that one day there will be no more mascaras in the world (Boots) for me to try, I'm pretty certain that that won't happen as there always seems to be new ones coming out.

I received this Clinique mascara free when I purchased two Clinique products a while back and it's become a recent favourite:

Photobucket

The brush is a medium-sized bristle number with a slight curve. I find this brush the perfect size - not too small and fiddly but not so big that I blob mascara all around my eye area (Benefit Badgal, that would be you). It only takes a few sweeps of the wand to get my desired look and the mascara dries to a nice glossy black finish. I always curl my lashes before applying mascara but this helps to enhance the curl and gives them a nice uniform sweep.

Clinque High Impact Curling Mascara retails at £15 which is a little on the pricey side but I'd definitely consider re-purchasing this next time Clinque do a Bonus Time promotion along with my trusty Take The Day Off eye make-up remover.

Have you tried this mascara? What's your current favourite mascara?

My 9 Bar giveaway closes at midnight tonight if you've not entered already!
Share:

18 comments

  1. I've tried the high Impact mascara and need to try this one! I love how it doesn't make your eyelashes clumpy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks brill, your eyelashes are so long!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the clinique mascaras and forget whether the one i love most is high impact or high definition - i think its this one - ur lashes look fab and u have the prettiest eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely review! I have just clicked the Follow button! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your eyelashes look brilliant, wish mine did the same... may have to buy this baby! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your eyelashes look amazing :)
    I need to check out this mascara :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. you should deffo be an eye model! :-) you'd be able to sell any mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow your lashes look awesome!!!

    http://makeupmajesty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer mascara that adds volume, but this looks lovely on you! Your lashes look so long! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks gorgeous :) your lashes are soo soo long!! :D
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ♥your eyes

    Giveaway in my blog !

    http://inspiremebitch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've given you an award!
    www.clashingtime.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo Lily it looks like your wearing fake eyelashes!! Deffo need to give that a shot- currently I'm using Maybelline the One mascara- thats really good xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that mascara makes your lashes look so long and lovely! I'm definitely going to look into this when my current one runs out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. i haven't tried this mascara but it looks rather nice. my favourite is dior showgirl mascara (i think it's called that) it's a bit expensive but totally amazing and gives you proper fat lashes!!!


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I find Maybelline Falsie's amazing too if your on a budget! :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig