Thursday, 31 March 2011

Red Coat

Do you ever buy things just because you love them but have no idea when you'd ever wear them or what you wear them with? If not, then I'm very envious of your discipline and refusal to be swept up in see, want, need-in-my-life-right-now moments. If yes, then read on...

I snapped up this vintage red short-sleaved blazer in a vintage market in Sydney back in December. It was $10 which is around £6 and I couldn't resist it despite the hot day making it near impossible to even try it on and the lack of space in my travel bag. It had since languished in my wardrobe - it's bright red and definitely a "look at me" piece, it's short sleeved so not idea for an English winter and what on earth would it go with so as not to make me look like a 1980s power dresser?

Photobucket

Blazer: vintage, Top: M&S, Jeggings: M&S, Socks: Claire's Accessories, Shoes: Jones

I wore this to London Fashion Weekend a few weeks ago as I didn't have a clue what to wear and felt like it was a good excuse for dressing up in the daytime. I really enjoyed wearing this outfit, especially with the red lips. I popped into Yo Sushi for some lunch before I met my friend at Somerset House and some tourists asked me if I were an actress - they thought I was Melissa Joan Hart of Sabrina The Teenage Witch fame. I don't think I look anything like her but it was flattering and embarassing in equal measures.

What's your latest "I have no idea when I'll wear this" purchase?
Share:

19 comments

  1. I can see the Sabrina resemblence now you mention it :o) I love that coat too..so unusual :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would look beautiful with a pencil skirt and a nice clutch xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's gorgeous and was well worth the little splurge! I currently have my eye on a bag that I don't need, can't afford and have nothing to go with. But so help me I'm buying it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Beautiful red coat, it looks great with the red lipstick :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you wear it with style! I love the red lips and the red socks. The jegging also is really refreshing this sophisticated piece.

    My latest "I have no idea when I'll wear this"? 2 denim short shorts (one white, one blue). They look lovely and I look fine in them but summer last like 2 weeks on here. It's pretty short to wear shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Hannah - thank you :)

    @ Gem - ooh, that's a great idea, thank you.

    @ Sia - thank you :)

    @ SweetLikeJelly - sometimes those sorts of purchases are the best ones!

    @ Gemx - thank you :)

    @ Nathalie - thank you. I love short shorts but the weather is hardly ever nice enough to wear them here.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great is a great color on you. Love the matching red lipstick and the cut of the blazer is very nice too. Looking great and lucky you to be able to attend the Fashion week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best finds are vintage, great blazer! The buttons are beautiful :)
    xoxo F
    http://itsnotjustabag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this blazer so much! I went to London fashion weekend last year and love it so much but couldn't get tickets this year! Jealous! Hope it was good :)
    Www.clashingtime.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. i do love that blazer xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. this coat is fab and I'm so glad you decided to buy it. when I was travelling I really had to think hard before buying stuff cos I didn't have a lot of room, one thing i bought was an enormous bedspread from thailand that took up hald my bag but i love it dearly so im glad i carried it around with me. my last 'when will i wear this' purchase was probably a leopard print cape ive bought from asos, despite it being bonkers i do love leopard print. normally i try to be very careful about what i buy =)


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Noelle - thank you :) Fashion weekend was very busy but really fun!

    @ Franzi - thank you, I do love how vintage finds are always that little bit more special than high-street ones.

    @ Pippa - That's a shame you couldn't get tickets, I think there's another one in autumn. I didn't buy anything this year but still had a really good day.

    @ kirstyb - thank you :)

    @ Hannah - not being able to buy much was probably the hardest thing about travelling! So many nice purchases but so little bag space! Your leopard print cape sounds fab.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhh i love the colour and design its fab that jacket x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow this blazer looks ahmaaaazing on you! you pocket detail is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for all your lovely comments <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE this blazer, I would wear it belted over a floral dress :) I can totally see the resemblance too, now you mention it! :P

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig