Sunday, 27 March 2011

A Few Of My Favourite Things: March 27th

This week I've been loving...

Photobucket

1. Lunch at Drink, Shop & Do. I had a lovely lunch with a friend at Drink, Shop & Do - sweet potato and feta tart and salad. We played Scrabble and had a pot of Alice In Wonderland tea. I wish every Sunday afternoon could be spent like this.

2. Crepes at My Old Dutch. A naughty treat definitely makes Mondays a little better - this Nutella crepe was so yummy and on Monday every crepe is £5 at My Old Dutch. They do savory ones too and it's definitely worth a visit. Made a rather sweet change from my usual Pret salad or wrap!

3. The Museum of London. I can't believe I'd never visited the Museum of London before. It's in the heart of the City so not on the traditional tourist trail but its free entry and charts the history of London from thousands of years ago to the present day. Interesting and thought-provoking, I really liked the bits about Victorian London and the displays on 1960s fashion.

4. NOTD - Accessorize's Magical Mocha. I love these polishes, they dry fast and with a coat of Seche Vite on top last for a good 5-6 days.

5. Flip flops! I wore a new pair of shoes out this week and after a pathetic 30 minutes my feet were so painful that I had to dash into New Look to buy these sandals. Thankfully they were only £7.99 and I probably would have purchased them anyway but they saved my feet for the rest of the day and I've worn them everyday since. Really hope the nice weather holds up until my feet can tolerate normal shoes again. Does anyone else find that new shoes destroy their feet the first time they wear them?

Yesterday I went to The Vitality Show at Earls Court. I had a really fun day - there were so many samples of healthy food to try out (Nakd bars, 9 Bars, We Are Bear, Rice Dream - love the chocolate one, RAW...so much yummy food!) and my friend and I had a go on a Powerplate-esque gym machine, almost got convinced to sign up to bootcamp by an ex-marine and attended talks by Lowri Turner and The Sun's Dr Carol Cooper.

I came home with this pile of goodies:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Top Sante, Zest, Women's Running & Healthy magazines - all came with goodie bags, Sencha green tea powder, Cucumber and Grapefruit scented candle and lot of discount vouchers!

Photobucket

Lowri Turner

Photobucket

Warbuton's Gluten Free - sushi-style bread conveyor belt

Did anyone else go to The Vitality Show? And what have you been loving this week?
Share:

18 comments

  1. looks like a good week :)
    woaah lots of magazines you got from the show!
    www.jaymieocallaghan.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a shoe or just a picture of one in the middle?? Was loving watching the protests yesterday until the anarchists got involved x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm.. that crepe looks delicious! I really love the colour of your nails too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a mad dash to the Vitality Show it was sonmuch fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sushi conveyor belt looks great! as does the food in your first picture yum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I think next Sunday, I'll do crepes for breakfast. No nutella for me but I'm not sure I like Nutella anymore (long story).

    And yes, I too get wounded feet from every new (and even my old) shoes I am wearing (beside Birkenstock!). I even manage to get my feet hurt by casual flip flops (a wound between the big and second toe). It's really bothering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a bunch of goodies! Nice!
    Cute blog!
    Maybe we can follow each other?
    http://fashuhneestah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Vitality show looked good! I was going to try to get there but just didn't have the time to organise myself.

    The food piccies look yummy!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Jaymie - I can't wait to read them all, will hopefully get some good fitness tips!

    @ fondantfitnessfancies - it's just a picture although I thought it was realy when I first saw it in the goodie bag!

    @ Hayley - it was sooooo good!

    @ Celery and Cupcakes - glad you enjoyed the show too :)

    @ Ella Belle - the lunch and pancake were so yummy!

    @ Nathalie - I love Birkenstocks, I can walk for hours in them and they never hurt my feet. It's so annoying how new shoes take a while to feel comfortable.

    @ Roxy - I think I did pretty well for freebies!

    @ Kelly - hopefully it will be back on next year, I'd definitely go back as it was really fun :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to go to the museum of London! and flip flops- so jealous, it's still minus 10 here!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah wow, how amazing
    I cannot wait to wear flip flops again!
    The show looks like fun, especially as you got such awesome goodies

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG,I would love to eat at those places. I've put them on my to do list now cause the food looks so lush. I love all the goodies you got. Love Sia x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've NEVER been to the museum of London either so I must check it out sooon!! love DS&D and my old dutch, yumyumyum


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great goodies; and the food in the first collage looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would be loving flip flops too if it wasn't so cold still!!!

    xoxo
    Miss Neira

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your favorite things and what wonderful goodies.

    P.S. We are having a giveaway on our blog to celebrate its first birthday. Would love for our to enter.
    http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig