Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Rimmel Glam'Eyes: State of Grace

I've been feeling quite uninspired with my make-up lately. I really can't remember the last time I wore eyeshadow. Liquid liner and mascara has been my default look for the last month or so. I don't know why I've fallen out of love with eyeshadow so I was happy to receive Rimmel's new Glam'Eyes "State of Grace" quad in the post. Is it good enough to rekindle my love, I wonder?

Photobucket

The shades aren't the usual ones I go for (warm bronzey tones are my favourite) but they look pretty: a dark purple, bright blue, shimmery silver and mint green. I swatched the shades using the sponge applicator provided (the first and only time I will use this, seriously, does anyone use the applicators? Surely it'd be better for brands to just not bother with them and save some space in the packaging?). I had to wet the applicator as the mint green shade just would not show up dry, it was really poorly pigmented which is a shame as it's a pretty colour when I eventually got it to show up. The other shades are better, the blue and silver are well pigmented and apply really smoothly with a good amount of shimmer. The purple I was less keen on when I swatched it, it felt quite chalky and came out quite dull looking. I prefered it when I applied it on my eyelids over Urban Decay's Primer Potion.

Photobucket

Here's the look I created:

Photobucket

I applied the purple all over my lid, used the silver on the inner corners and the blue on the outer corner. I was a bit worried that purple eyeshadow could result in me looking like I had two black eyes but I actually quite like the finished look. True to Rimmel's promise the shadows didn't crease and lasted all day without fading. I finished off my make-up with Rimmel The Max Bold Curves mascara, Clinique All Over Colour blusher and 17 Balmy Beige lipstick.

The Glam'Eyes quad is available from Boots for around £6. They're good value for money and I like the updated packaging. I think the shadows could have been more pigmented - I was a bit disappointed with the green shade but the others were all decently pigmented. I'd repurchase this if there were a bronzey selection available as it's great to be able to have four shades in such a compact palette.

Have you tried any Rimmel eyeshadows?
Share:

14 comments

  1. I've not tried any of the Rimmel eyeshadows, when I swatch them in store they seem to be lacking pigment, but these look lovely on you! I really like the silver and purple, very pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Gemx - it's a shame that they're not more pigmented. The silver is my favourite from the quad I think. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty look :) I have way too many eyeshadows though so I'll probably give these a miss. However you have amaazing eyelashes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sylviee - thank you :) I have far too many eyeshadows too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE purple eyeshadow! Love the look!! XxX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colors, and love the look you created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your eyelashes are stunning! <3

    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Kez - thank you!

    @ Cowbiscuits - I'm going to use the blue shade next time I do a look with this quad.

    @ Audrey - thank you!

    @ Chuui - thank you - I can't live without mascara!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's the perfect purple shade. not too bright, really soft!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not tried rimmel eye shadows before, I usually stick to MAC or urban decay. I really love the purple shade on your eyes though, really lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never really paid attention to Rimmel eyeshadows, but I might take a look next time I'm in Boots/Superdrug. Your EOTD is super pretty (love the purple) and your eyelashes are amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, thats pretty! The last Rimmel eyeshadow I bought was AWFUL, but maybe I'll give them a second chance!

    embellishmentsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have tried Rimmel eye shadows before but now I might have to try them out :p

    it looks very pretty on you :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig