Monday, 28 February 2011

Lipstick-loving: Orange

I was originally planning on doing a "lipstick week" series but I think that could be a little too ambitious as I'm in far too much of a make-up rut to wear a different coloured lipstick everyday so this will probably end up more like a lipstick per week.

First up is 17's Lasting Fix lipstick in Hot Chilli. I've had this for a couple of years and while I love the colour I don't reach for it as often as I should do.

Photobucket

As the lipstick is so bright against my pale winter skin I kept the rest of my make-up really simple - just L'Oreal Superliner and Rimmel The Max Bold Curves mascara and did my hair in a messy topnot.

What do you think of orange lipstick? Too much for day-time or a nice change from red?
Share:

17 comments

  1. I love it!
    and you are very nice

    ciao .....come for a visit


    ave

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!
    I NEED THIS!
    I have had my eye on MAC's Costa Chic but this is pretty too :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the lipstick, I've wanted to try orange but it never seemed right with my skin tone. definitely not too mad for day if the shade it right. you look wonderful in this


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It looks really pretty on you :)

    http://beautyaddictanonymous.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh thats so beautiful! You have great coloring for a lipstick like this!

    embellishmentsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh lovely! I'm currently addicted to a Rimmel coral shade too. Def makes a nice change from pinks and reds!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. great colour!!!

    xoxo jenna
    http://thepetiteblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab colour! You can really pull it off! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all your comments <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. NO! It's definitely not too much for the day! I love the colour, it's my favourite day choice. I do love red, but somehow I find orange a bit softer and nicer, rather than edgy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this lippy somewhere, you've inspired me to go find it! It looks lovely on you!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, it suits you so well! Strange how I hate orange lipsticks on me, but my complexin is similar yo yours... maybe it just needs to grow on me?

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love that lipstick on you !! and you have such beautiful eyes xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. this color is amazing!!

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig