Thursday, 17 February 2011

A Few Of My Favourite Things: February 17th

Lately I have...

Photobucket

1. Been watching The Shard getting taller. I'm sure this building looks different everytime I see it. It's going to be amazing once it's completed and I love how I've seen it grow over the last few years.

2. Visited Mary's Living And Giving Shop. Possibly the nicest charity shop I've ever been in - and the most expensive. Although it is all for a good cause and there are lots of designer bargains to be had.

3. Made Tea Not War. Loved this street grafitti in Primrose Hill.

4. Visited the Museumm of Everything after reading about it on Hannah's blog. It's sadly closed now but I'm glad I found the time to pay a visit, the collection was very eclectic and some of it a little scary (I'm still worried I'm going to have nightmares featuring the porcelain dolls) but a really nice way to spend an afternoon.

5. Read Emma Donoghue's "Room" for From Gem With Love's bookclub. Pictured here next to a panini. I don't think I would have chosen the book if it wasn't for the bookclub (which I guess it the whole POINT of joining a bookclub) but I really enjoyed it and couldn't put it down. A must-read.

6. Making my own bodyscrub with olive oil and sugar. This has left my skin feeling so soft and as it was made by raiding my parent's kitchen, it was free!

7. Shopped for vintage clothes in Camden. I'm avoiding the highstreet as I'm trying to save money but vintage clothes are so much more affordable and the fun of finding something unique can't be beaten. Note to vintage stores: anything with the label "New Look" or "Atmosphere" is not vintage. It's just old.

8. Indulged in Scrabble and carrot cake at Drink, Shop & Do. If I had the time and the money I would definitely spend all my evenings there. Next time I'm going for the edible jewellery making.

What are your favourite things this week?
Share:

13 comments

  1. Love the graffiti one. So cute. x

    myheartstumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! I need to go to Drink, Shop & Do at some point!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the graffiti!


    ciao ave

    come for a visit ...funny post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, scrabble and carrot cake is an amazing combo too ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you went to Primrose Hill and saw the museum, it's such a great area. Drink, Shop & Do is just lovely isn't it, that cake is making me craving the yummy lemon one I had there =) I love big days out and plus Camden, I haven't been there in ages!!!


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Hayley - definietly go if you get the chance, it's fab!

    @ Stefany - Scrabble makes my brain hurt a bit so the cake is definitely needed!

    @ Hannah - it was the first time I'd ever been to Primrose Hill despite living in London all my life, I'll definitely be re-visiting once the weather is better.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just bought Room but haven't got round to reading it yet! Guessing you enjoyed it?! LOVE carrot cake! Carrot is a vegetable so that makes it healthy right?! Heehee XxxX

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vintage shops in Camden are amazing, I could spend all day there! Lol at the "New Look" or "Atmosphere" labels!
    I love the graffiti picture! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. make tea not war:) yep. that's what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thats so cool that you made your own body scrub! i love vintage shopping and also hate where some shops try to pull of hightstreet as vintage! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Kez - Room is amazing, I literally couldn't put it down! Carrot cake does sound like the most virtuous cake.

    @ Gemx - they are fab. Although the vintage "Atmosphere" clothes were definitely more expensive in the vintage stores than they would have been in Primark...

    @ Belle xx - I'll definitely be making my own bodyscub again, I'm on such a thrifting kick atm!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im loving the graffiti, just done a project about graffiti at Uni so I look for it everywhere now!! Also Iv been making the sugar and olive oil scrub for years and it makes your skin feel amazing!! cool blog, well done! :)
    Abi xxx
    http://abitottenhamsmith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Abi - that project sounds really interesting. I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open for more graffiti! x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig