Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Snuggle Up

It's still ridiculously cold outside so most of my wardrobe has been neglected in favour of things that keep me warm. While I was having a sort out, I re-discovered this snood neck jumper that I purchased last year but only wore once before it got too warm to wear it - I'm so glad I found it:

Photobucket

Please excuse the messy bedroom and mirror shots. My tripod was packed away before I went travelling and now I can't find it. Boo.

Jumper: New Look
Tshirt: H&M
Skirt: H&M
Leggings: C&A (Europes equivalent to Primark - I'm sure we used to have them in the UK too)

I also found some Lush Caca Rouge henna while having my sort out and decided to take the plunge and apply some to my hair. It was really easy to use and much less messy than I was expecting...I simply put the henna block in a tuppawear container, poured hot water over it and left it for 15mins to soften before mashing it all up with a plastic fork. It looked utterly disgusting so there are no photos. I then piled my hair into a high pony tail and put the henna just on the pony tail part (I guess you could call it henna ombre), popped a plastic shower cap on top and left it for around two hours while I watched a couple of episodes of Gossip Girl.

I wasn't really sure what to expect - I knew I'd be disappointed if my hair didn't change colour at all but I definitely didn't want bright red hair (I love red hair but as I have a lot of pink in my skin it really wouldn't suit me). The end result: my hair is really soft and shiney and the ends definitely have a reddish glow to them.

Have you ever tried Henna? And what are you wearing to stay warm and stylish in the cold?

PS. Don't forget to enter my Giveaway - it closes in 2 days!
Share:

12 comments

  1. This is super cute & cosy- love it :) The tights are lovely
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit, the tights are great and your hair is looking really long!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a jumper just like that from Primark and I just live in it, in the winter. I really like yours. Love Sia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Steph - thank you :) The tights were so warm!

    @ Kelly - I'm in desperate need of a haircut...I didn't realise how long it was until I tried to photograph it!

    @ Sia - cosy jumpers are definitely the way to go at the moment!

    @ pearlslaceandruffles - thank you, it's so warm and soft, perfect for this time of year!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oversized bell-sleeved knit pieces. That's what getting me through this furrrreeeezing weather!
    x

    PS// Topshop Nail Polish Giveaway over at mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your knitted top, looks great! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like those tights/leggings. I remember when C&A was in the Uk, I wonder what happened to it over here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this and love finding things that you once loved :) I get henna all the time! Its so fun :) What designs do you get??

    www.clashingtime.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. i tried a black henna about 15 years ago. i remember it being like green and clumy and smelt like tea. the result was lovely soft hair. im sure products will have moved on now. my cousin is sudanese and she once henna tattooed my hands. it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw this looks lovely and cute for winter! I am favouring massive slouchy jumpers atm, which I can pass off as jumper dresses! With black leggings, slouchy ankle boots, bedhead hair and eyelinered up eyes! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this cardigan tights combo, so nice and perfect for this weather :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig