Saturday, 22 January 2011

Back To School

I had to wear a horrible, itchy woollen kilt when I was at school. For a few years after leaving, I couldn't even look at tartan clothing without memories of the offending garment coming back. Now, however, sufficient time has passed and I actually quite like tartan.

I found this skirt in the YMCA charity shop for £2. It's originally from Warehouse and I loved it so much I didn't even bother trying it on in the shop. It's actually a little on the short side, I haven't worn proper mini skirts for years so I did feel a little self-conscious in it...I think I'll wear it with leggings next time so that I don't feel quite so exposed. I definitely had a few more wolf whistles from builders the day I wore this so I'm not planning on wearing it on a day I want to be taken seriously.

Photobucket


Skirt: Charity Shop (Warehouse)
Tshirt: M&S
Cardigan: New Look
Tights: M&S
Necklace: Freedom @ Topshop


Do you like tartan?
Share:

12 comments

  1. Very pretty skirt, sad that you've had psychological trauma because of your schooldays though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt, I just bought a tartan skirt in similar colours for 2 quid in a sale =) love the bow necklace too, just my thing!


    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. never thought that could be boring to wear for years the same skirt!

    I love tartan skirt..you look really pretty

    did you recently visit my blog ? new interesting post

    ciao
    ave

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so nice! you look so cute and totally school girl:)

    http://www.lydia-lee.blogspot.com
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jenny - thank you :) I think the kilt memories have almost faded now!

    @ Hannah - that sounds like a amazing bargain.

    @ The white cabbage - thank you, off to check out your blog now.

    @ lydia-lee - thank you :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your light blue eyes look amazing!
    I think Longchamp bags in neutral colours are great, too. They're very chic and classy, sometimes even more than a bag in an intensive colour :)
    xoxo F
    http://itsnotjustabag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely skirt, love the shape and the tartan, i think it looks fab with tights, especially that colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the red nails and i think that you have a wonderful blog going here(: some great and inspiring posts that i'm really enjoying here!

    -maebell(:

    www.maebellx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely outfit! tartan is so cool!
    cool blog too :)

    The Flower Girl

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a lovely outfit :)

    I wish I could wear whatever at school :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a nice start with school again! You have the most beautiful eyes I've seen lately!

    Kisses, Froso from Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig