Monday, 24 January 2011

Another Mascara Review: Miss Sporty Pump Up Lash

I'm sure you all know about my mascara obsession by now. Last week, while waiting for my ASOS delivery which never was (the courrier lost my parcel, by the time ASOS had got their act together most of the items I'd ordered were out of stock) Miss Sporty's latest mascara offering came through my letterbox. I subscribe to their newsletter (a relic from my Sugar-reading days) and last month entered a competition for Pump Up Lash mascara. I seem to be on a bit of a winning streak at the moment!

I haven't actually used a Miss Sporty product since I was 15. I usually walk straight past their stand in Boots as I don't think I'm really their target market anymore...however, when the mascara tube first slid out of the envelope I thought it was a Bourjois mascara - long gone is the tacky plastic packaging of my youth. This mascara retails for £3.99 so while their prices have increased it's still a bargain purchase.

The brush of the mascara is very big - similar to Benefit Bad Gal Lash or L'Oreal Voluminous. True to it's name, it leaves my lashes looking pumped up and immediately blacker and thicker. I only applied two coats and was surprised at how big a difference it made to my lashes. I'm definitley going to give this mascara a place in my everyday make-up bag and am so glad that I've discovered it.

Photobucket

Have you tried any Miss Sporty products lately? What's your favourite bargain mascara?
Share:

19 comments

  1. wow, it made your lashes so long! The packaging seems very nice considering it's miss sporty; which aren't usually my taste in packaging! I like these types of reviews :) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh might have to get this :)
    the retractable eyeliners are pretty good too, and their only £2 or something silly like that x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im on the look out for a new mascara and this one looks good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never given Miss Sporty products a second glance, but this mascara looks really good! Will have to have a look next time I go shopping:)

    www.daintymakeup.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great review, love Sia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your lashes look amazing! I never ever look at the Miss Sporty stuff normally, but this looks great! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks pretty good but I think I've got way too many mascaras at the moment to buy another!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Fernlaura - it's such an improvement on Miss Sporty's usual packaging, isn't it?

    @ JenKissesApples - I'll have to check those out, thanks.

    @ MyButterfly63 - it's definitely worth a try, such a bargain!

    @ DaintyMakeup - I was so pleasantly surprised by it, the range is definitely worth a second look.

    @ Sia - no worries :)

    @ Gemx - thanks!

    @ Cherry Pullinger - I have far too many mascaras too, it's a bit of an addiction!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Their liquid liner is great....the flexible brush tip makes application dead easy :)

    This mascara looks awesome, and for under a fiver you can't go wrong!

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  10. the mascara looks great, your lashes look thick and long, lovely!!! I've never really bought anything from miss sporty because I always thought it looked cheap and crappy but I'm surprised how great your lashes are looking


    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice lashes !
    Look my blog and follow me if you want! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your eyelashes look so long! I normally walk straight past the Miss Sporty stand in Boots/Superdrug too, but I think I'll defo have to take a look soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. that really makes your eyelashes look incredible! nice one lily!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Tabitha B - I'll have to take a look at their liquid liner, thanks for the reccommendation :)

    @ Hannah - I was pleasantly surprised at how good this mascara is too!

    @ CENDRIYSS - thanks :)

    @ Joy - I used to love Miss Sporty when I was young but before getting send this I don't think I'd looked at the brand for years!

    @ Olivia - thanks, the giant brush really does make such a difference to my lashes!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm always looking for new mascaras (that and lipgloss are my two staples)-I used Dior now. May have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hm, glad to see it works! Haha, lovely picture with your eye btw. I don't wear much makeup, so I can't really say much in response to your question!

    http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice review! Looks amazing! I want to check it out...following and supporting :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have not tried this one, as it is not available here.My favourite mascara is Pulse Perfection by Maybelline!I just love it.
    x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig