Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Three Days

Until Christmas! I can't say I'm feeling very festive at the moment but maybe the Christmas spirit will hit me soon. I still feel like I'm acclimatising to the cold since coming back from Australia and haven't really done any Christmas shopping (apart from for my parents who are getting Aussie gifts). I've really missed all the build up this year, last year I was still at uni and it's so strange not having that "end of term" feeling at this time of year or all the build up and parties that I went to last year. I guess "real life" doesn't have terms and essays to hand in...

I'm sure you're all sick to death about hearing of all the snow over the past few days. I've been stuck at work since Saturday (there are worse places to get stuck than central London) but yesterday I had to go on an emergency clothes shopping trip so that I had something to wear to work today! I ended up getting the dress I'm wearing in these pictures, a leopard print cardi and a long sleeve top all for £17 in the H&M sale. I also got a few new pairs of good old M&S tights to tide me over until I get back home tomorrow.

Photobucket

I'm bringing some festivity to my outfit with my sequin hairband. I made this out of a strip of elasticated sequins from the John Lewis haberdashery, held together with a mini safety pin. Took about 5 minutes to make and cost less than a pound!

Are you feeling festive? Let me know your festive outfit and make-up tips!
Share:

4 comments

  1. I'm quite excited for Christmas: Managed a lot of shopping yesterday!
    But the snow in London has been a bit of a pain.

    The Sequin headband adds a lovely festive touch to your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you start feeling a bit more in the spirit soon, poor thing stuck away from home!!

    Hairband is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the print of your new dress - lovely! And I also swear by M&S tights! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you make it home safe. Your outfit is very cute. Love Sia x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig