Thursday, 23 December 2010

Skincare Update: What I'm loving now

My skincare routine is not particularly exciting. You could even say I'm pretty lazy about it. While I don't sleep in my make-up I have a pretty basic routine of taking off my eye make-up, washing my face and putting on some eye cream. However, this month two new products have come along which I like enough to do a blogpost on them:

1. The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion

I picked this up for £7 while browsing in TBS last week. I usually try to
avoid "spot" skincare as I find it so drying but this product's promise to improve the appearance of blemish-damaged skin really appealed to me. I've never really suffered from spots but over the summer I had a few bad breakouts which left behind dark marks on my skin which really show up as I'm so pale.

I've been using this product at night and even after a week it's already made a difference to my skin. The marks are much less noticeable and my skin hasn't dried out at all. The lotion is really light and has a faint tea tree smell. It melts into my skin instantly and doesn't feel heavy or greasy on. I've mostly been using this on my chin area and find that half a pump of product is plenty so I imagine this will last a long time. I'm determined to incorporate this into my night time skin routine and I'll hopefully continue to see a difference in my skin.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2. Simple Kind To Skin Eye Make-up Remover Pads

I'm not a fan of cleansing wipes so I'm surprised by how much I like these. They were £3.85 for a pack of 30 pads.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wear a lot of mascara and find that one pad is sufficient for both eyes, making them pretty good value for money as a pack would last around a month. These don't irritate my eyes at all and really quickly sweep away all my mascara and eyeliner. I'll definitely re-purchase these for travelling as the tiny pack is so much more convenient than carrying around a leak-prone bottle of eye make-up remover and cotton wool pads.

Like all Simple products, these are unperfumed and suitable for sensitive skin. They also contain pro-vitamin B5 to soften and smooth skin. I haven't tried them on waterproof mascara yet but for my usual mascara and liquid liner they remove everything.

Have you tried either of these products? What are you current skincare loves?
Share:

6 comments

  1. I've tried the body shop night lotion but it didnt improve my skin at all, was thoroughly dissapointed :/
    But the wipes are great, although I've found Tescos My Skin eyeremover pads do a great job as well!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using simple products for about 2 years now, and they are great!!! My skin has really improved since using them. Thanks for sharing, love Sia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Lisa - that's a shame that it didn't work for you. It's annoying how what works amazingly for one person can be a complete let down for another - if only there were one product that worked for everyone!

    @ Sia - I haven't tried many other Simple products but I love how they're all perfume free and suitable for sensitive skin so I'll definitely have to try some more products from their range.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I have never seen the Tea Tree night lotion!!!
    I thought I owned everything tea tree from the body shop but I guess I don't.. Sooo gonna go get that ASAP! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tea tree night lotion is just the product I was looking for. thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Tea Tree night lotion sounds great; I'm going to check it out the next time I go :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig