Friday, 17 December 2010

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick - Sweetie

Amongst the huge pile of post that had built up while I was away (most of it not exciting at all) was a Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Sweetie which I won in one of their website competitions. I would definitely reccommend entering these as it's the third time this year that I've won something - fellow blogger Cowbiscuits also won one, read her post on it here.

Photobucket

Sweetie is a gorgeous "Barbie pink" shade and has cool-toned shimmer flecks in which you can see in the photo. Blue-ish toned lipsticks are supposed to make teeth look whiter and I think that this lipstick does do this so I'm definitely going to be wearing it over the party season to make my teeth look nice and white in photos!

Like all Lasting Finish lipsticks, Sweetie applies smoothly and doesn't dry out my lips so I've still been able to use it despite my lips being ridiculously dry due to the cold weather. For day it can be toned down by mixing with lipbalam (Carmex Cherry is my current favourite) or applied more heavily for a stronger pink pout.

Photobucket

One swipe with Carmex Cherry on top.

Have you tried Lasting Finish? What are you favourite shades?

See my review/swatches on Asia and Drop of Sherry here.
Share:

7 comments

  1. Great post :)
    Just signed up on their website!
    Do you know how often they do competitions?
    Just because if you've already won three times then im hoping to get myself something lovely like you have :)
    LOVE the colour of this! Wish i could pull it off but im more of a bright pink girl :P
    www.clashingtime.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Pippa - they do comps every time a product is launched/relaunced. If you've signed up to get their emails then it usually has details about the competitions on them. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it i havnt stopped wearing it and get complimented on it all the time!! not bad for a freebie ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am green like the cypress,
    Come, speak, I know your voice.
    You call to the rose, I call to the beloved.
    You are crying, I will also cry.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only recently got into lipstick and I haven't really ever bought any, apart from a classic red I bought for my mum. I really like this though :)
    visit me:
    http://madisonsassortment.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh i wish my lips looked that happy right now! need to go buy some!
    Your blog is wonderful! I'm a new follower! Come visit me and follow if you'd like!

    Passports and Prada.

    xoxo Summer

    ReplyDelete
  7. always put carmex over my lippy - i love a glossy finish x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig