Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Outfits, Make-Up and Hauling Down Under

I've spent most of today uploading the 500-odd photos I took while I was in Australia. It sounds like a bit of a crazy amount but I'm so glad I captured everything as I did and saw so much in the 6 weeks I was away that I don't want to forget any of it - easy to do now that I'm back in freezing cold, dark at 4pm England. Incase any of your are interested, I did the Topdeck Grand Aussie Reverse tour which I'd definitely recommend - I met so many lovely people on the tour, the guides were fantastic and everyday was really well planned out to ensure that we saw everything worth seeing.

Looking to the positives of being back, it's so nice to be reunited with my clothes and make-up collection! It was so hard to know what to pack and then to live out of a smallish suitcase for so long. In the "real world" I repeat outfits probably once a fortnight whereas having so few clothes to chose from meant having to repeat outfits a couple of times per week (I did wash them inbetween!). Not that I really cared while I was away, though. It did save a lot of time in the mornings (always a good thing when breakfast was at 6am most days) and did make me appreciate that while having a bursting wardrobe back home is nice, I can actually make do with very little!

Here are some of my outfits:

Photobucket

1. Topshop dress, accessorized with cuddly koala
2. Zara dress, Birkenstock sandles. Sydney Opera house in background
3. Topshop dress, sarong worn as scarf. Taken in the Q1 tower, Gold Coast
4. Zara dress, as before. This was my 3rd attempt to try to get one of my jumping in the air...

Make-up:

Photobucket

Left -
I didn't wear much make-up in the days as it was just too hot to bother with it. My everday essentials were:
Clinique Super City Block SPF - loved this as it didn't break me out or leave me with a shiny face
No 7 Instant Radiance concealer - Under eyes
Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer
Rimmel The Max Waterproof mascara - loved this too, it stayed on through everything and didn't flake off at all
Carmex Cherry lipbalm with SPF 15

Right -
My nighttime look was also pretty simple. I just added some Clinique All Over Colour in Plum Poppy to highlight my cheeks, L'Oreal Superliner on my upper lashline and Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in Amythst Shimmer on my lips.

The only nail polish I took with me was Essie's Lollipop - such a lovely summery red and it lasted a whole week without chipping and didn't fade in the sun like a lot of nail polishes seem to.

Finally, the shopping!

For the first part of my tour there were no opportunities to shop at all as we were out in the outback so when I first got to a big city I definitely needed a bit of retail therapy! I got this Gossip Girl top in Cairns which I just couldn't not buy. It was so strange seeing summer clothes in all the shops after starting to build up my winter wardrobe back home. In Sydney I shopped in Paddington, an area with loads of cute boutiques, vintage stores and a vintage market. Here are my favourite finds:

Photobucket

Vintage jacket - I got this from a market stall for only $10 (around £6). I'll be wearing this with leggings/jeggings and a basic long sleeved top underneath.

Photobucket

Floral top - this was from a little boutique shop and was in the sale so I paid around £20 for it. This was the most expensive thing I bought on my travels! I'll wear this with leggings also as its quite loose. The style and floral print are so pretty.

Photobucket

1980s Vintage Earings - these were also from the vintage market and were around £3-£5 per pair. They were excess stock from a shop so have never been worn before. I love the navy blue hoops the most and can't wait to wear them now I'm back.

I really like buying things while I'm on holiday as whenever I wear them it brings back memories of the trip and means that I have things that no one else back home does!

What're you favourite holiday purchases?
Share:

4 comments

  1. I love all your outfits and i'm so jealous you got to hold a Koala! I love the earrings you bought too :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig