Sunday, 19 December 2010

A Few Of My Favourite Things: December 19th

This week I've been loving...

Photobucket

1. Ice-skating at Somerset House

Definitely worth braving the freezing weather for. The ice ring is so beautiful and gliding around (oh, how I wish!) on the ice in the shadow of a Tiffany-decorated Christmas tree certainly left me feeling festive!

2. Ai Weiwei's Sunflower Seeds at the Tate Modern

I love the Tate Modern and this exhbition is amazing. It really has to be seen in real life to be appreciated. The meaning behind it is so clever and there's a short film on how the exhibit was created - each of the seeds has been painted by hand. Just wow.

3. Shell Lipbalm

Another Aussie purchase. This beautiful shell is filled half with vanilla and half with strawberry lipbalm. I can't bear to actually start using it, it's just too pretty!

4. Kerastase Hair Treatments

These arrived in the post for me after I requested them on the Kerastase website. I love free samples and hopefully my dried out hair will love these products.

5. Tim Tams!

These are the Australian equivalent of Penguin bars (do they even still make Penguins?) and are very yummy! I brought back a few packs of them as gifts although am tempted to keep these caramel ones for myself.

In less exciting news...my camera has broken again. I've been so unlucky with them this year, it's the second one that's broken although luckily this time I'd only had it for 3 months so I was able to take it back to Boots and get a refund. Now I just have the task of finding and buying a new one...I'm thinking of investing in a slightly better one as I take so many photos and high quality photos make such a difference to how a blog is perceived. I'm probably going to get this one but would be very grateful if you had any suggestions as to what I should get. I really miss being able to take outfit shots as at the moment all I have is my iPhone camera. Normal serive will be resumed asap!

What have you been loving this week?
Share:

6 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing, love Siax

    ReplyDelete
  2. tim tams are amazing, i wish they were easier to find in the uk. tesco used to sell them a few years ago. i went through pack after pack doing the tea sucking thing lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything is really cool! I need 2 find some tim tams or penguin bars, because they look good!!! ^.^ lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Ai Weiwei Freedom” 自由, 艾未未. Art, image.

    http://cainandtoddbenson.wordpress.com/2010/12/13/ai-weiwei-freedom-2/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lip balm looks & sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo Tim Tams- JEM had brought me a packet home from NZ for me. Her husband scoffed them when she was at work. I am still gutted about that- however I did get some pineapple lumps (nom) xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig