Thursday, 30 December 2010

Festive FOTD

This isn't the make-up that I wore on Christmas day itself (I didn't leave the house and the only people who saw me were my parents so I went make-up free) but I have been wearing this around Christmas time - the festive period definitely makes glitter acceptable during the day. I've fallen into a pattern of putting on exactly the same make-up everyday which I need to stop doing as I have so much stuff but for the last few days, this has been my look:

Photobucket

Face:
No 7 Instant Radiance Concealer
Rimmel Hide The Blemish Concealer
17 Oil Control Pressed Powder
Clinique All Over Colour in Plum Poppy

Eyes:
Mac Paint Pot in Rubenesque
NYX Glitter Cream Palette - love this, the glitter doesn't end up all over my face and the five bronzey shades are all gorgeous
L'Oreal Superliner
Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

Lips:
Clinique Superbalm in Berry

Earings:
Accessory Crossing @ Boots

I'll probably do something similar for NYE tomorrow night - maybe with a bit more glitter before I have to put the palette away for another year. I'm working until 10.30pm tomorrow so I'll only have about 5 minutes to get ready before a 30 minute walk to the party I'm going to. I Haven't even decided what I'm wearing yet, my new year's resoultion should definitely be not to leave things until the last minute.

I say this every year, but, the last year flew by. I'm not usually one for making resolutions or getting sentimental about calandar years but 2010 has definitely been one of the most important and exciting years of my life and I'm a bit sad that it's all over. I hope that 2011 is just as good and that I'm not jinxing myself by admitting to having had a good year.

I hope you all have fun tomorrow night and see out 2010 in style, however good or bad it has been for you,and that 2011 brings you all that you wish for.

What will you be wearing to see in the new year?
Share:

9 comments

  1. WOW, your lashes are really long. I'm loving the glitter. I hope you have a great NYE! Thanks for shearing, love Sia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your lashes look great, there so nice and long! I love the glitter, NYE is the best excuse to wear extra :) Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!!! Your lashes are really long:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the glitter, I'm thinking about experimenting with for new years eve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the glitter!! All the best for 2011 sweets! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WANT YOUR EYES. NOW! soooo big & bluey/grey - major jealously right now haha >.<

    Happy new year lovely girl & belated merry christmas !

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww it makes me sad that we can only really get the glitter out at christmas and new year :( its too pretty! hope you had a nice time at the party, and heres to a happy 2011 <3 hope it brings you everything you wish for girlie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Sia - thank you :)

    @ Gem - NYE is definitely an excuse to get the glitter out!

    @ Rakhshanda - thank you. I need to do another comparison post to see if the Lash Accelerator actually made my lashes grow.

    @ Sundaygirl - Hope you had a glittery and good NYE :)

    @ Nicola - I hoped you'd approve of the glitter!

    @ a.tad-bit.dorkii - hehe, thanks :) Happy New Year to you too!

    @ Ayden - it was sad to see the glitter palette this morning...I hope it's not a whole year until I can use it again. And thank you - hope you have an amazing 2011 :)

    Happy New Year girlies!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just gave you a STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD!!!!! Check out my blog to accept it. Love Sia x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig