Sunday, 26 December 2010

The Collection

Hope everyone's having a lovely Boxing Day. I'm having a chilled day at home and decided that my room required a MAJOR sort-out. After a summer of living between my parents home and central London, then going off travelling my room has been rather neglected. So, with a new year coming up and a massive ASOS order coming my way soon, today seemed like a good day for a sort out.

While filling 3 bags full of old rubbish, I decided to take some photos of my make-up collection as I've never done a post on it before and love looking at other's posts of their collections or make-up storage. My collection isn't huge, but it's definitely enough for me. There's not any make-up I can think of that I need/want off the top of my head at the moment and I'm going to try by best not to acquire any more (aside from essentials if they run out) until April when I'm off to Dubai and plan on hitting the duty free at Heathrow and going mad at the Mac counter. As much as I love drugstore make-up, I'm going to try my best not to be seduced 3 for 2 offers and new product launches. The plan is to stick to the drugstore products I know perform well and to upgrade a bit to more high-end products. It takes me so long to use up make-up that the extra investment is definitely worth it.

So, onto the photos! Click on the product names for my reviews.

Photobucket

Mascara is one of my favourite products so it's no surprise that I have a fair few...

Left to right: Rimmel Lash Accelerator (love this), No 7 Extreme Length, Maybelline Lash Stiletto (unopened), 17 Wild Curls, Avon SuperFull, Elf Mineral Mascara (not a fan of this), Rimmel 3-2-1 Looks, Rimmel Max Waterproof. Sample sizes: Clinque High Lengths, Clinique High Impact Curling

Photobucket

You can really tell which of my lipsticks Lipsticks I use the most of...

Left to right: Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks in Asia, Drop of Sherry, Amythst Shimmer, Sweetie. Rimmel Colour Show Off in Stare at Me, Elf Mineral Lipstick in Natural Nymph. Mac lipsticks in Cyber and Viva Glam Gaga (love this). 17 lipsticks in Balmy Beige and Hot Chili. Natural Collection lipstick in Pink Mallow, Aldi lipstick, Lancome and Clinique High Impact Red-y to Wear.

I don't wear a lot of face products so don't have an awful lot of them:

Photobucket

Left to right:
Clinique Loose Powder, 17 Shine Control Powder, Rimmel Renew and Lift Powder, Rimmel Hide the Blemish concealer, Benefit You Rebel Tinted Moisturiser (hardly ever use this but can't bear to throw it away!), Elf Complexion Perfection, Clinique Anti-Blemish Solution concealer (for bad skin days), No 7 concealer (unopened), Elf Under Eye concealer, No 7 Instant Radiance concealer.

I thought I had more Blushers & Bronzers than this...

Photobucket

Left to right: Clinique All Over Colour in Plum Poppy, Barry M Blusher in No 6, Mac MSF in Redhead, Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light (use to love this but I'm now suspicious that it makes me break out), Sleek Blusher in Flamingo, Mac Mineralize blusher in Dainty, Nars Nico, Elf Mineral Blusher in Joy, Elf All Over Colour Stick in Pink Lemonade, Natural Collection Bronzing Balls.

I used to love eyeshadow but lately I can't be bothered to wear it. Hopefully having my sort out will inspire me to start using all these again soon.

Photobucket

Sleek palettes in Storm and Sunset, Sleek loose eyeshadow, Barry M Dazzle Dusts, YSL Tresor D'Afrique palette, Mac Paint Pot in Rubenesque, Mac Mineralize in Play on Plums, Mac shadows in Honey Lust, Sable and a LE Alexander McQueen shadow, 17 Shadows in Beyond Bronze and Walnut Pearl, Clinique mini trio, Barry M Fabulous shadow, NYX Smokey Eye Kit.

My eyeliners are pretty boring, the only one I really use is the L'Oreal Superliner as I'm not a big fan of kohl:

Photobucket

UDPP, No 7 Stay Perfect liquid liner, L'Oreal Superliner, Lancome Le Crayon Kohl, Barry M Fabulous kohl, Bourjois Liner Stylo, Benefit It Stick, Benefit Eye Bright, Benefit Bad Gal (thanks Glamour magazine!), Benefit Mr Frosty, Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel.

Random products that don't fit anywhere else:

Photobucket

17 Lip Liner, NYX Glitter Cream Pallet, Urban Decay Shadow Transformer, Benefit Her Glossiness lipgloss, Collection 2000 Glam Crystals liquid liner, Rimmel Vinyl Gloss, Elf lip primer and plumper, Sleek Ink Pot, Sleek Pout Polish in Pink Cadillac

Finally, nail polishes:

Photobucket

Nail care: 17 Base Coat, Sally Hansen Diamond Strength & Nailgrowth Miracle, Seche Vite.

Barry M, No 7, 17, Nails Inc, Misguided, Sleek, Rimmel, Bourjois, Essie, random Japanese brand, Sephora.

Hope you've enjoyed having a peek at my collection. And don't forget to enter my Christmas giveaway!

In case you were wondering...
The Rimmel Products (apart from the concealer and powder) were sent to me as part of the Rimmel VIP scheme. The Nails Inc polishes came free with either Glamour magazine or the Diet Coke promotion. The Sleek products were a subscription gift from Glamour magazine.
Share:

14 comments

  1. WOW, I love your collection. You have some really great products. Thanks for shearing,love Sia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection, looks like a really nice size :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing collection! I should do a post like this too, and maybe it will inspire me to sort out everything out as it's a real mess now, and I don't use half of the stuff I have x=

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of your lipstick collection right now! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Sia - thank you :)

    @ Fudgesmoothiesmakeup - I always think that I need more make-up but looking at this makes me realise how much I do have.

    @ Gaby - thank you! It's definitely helped me to organise everything and I ended up throwing out a lot of old dried out rubbish!

    @ Rachel - there's still a couple of Mac lippies that are on my wishlist but over the last couple of years my collection's really built up.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made me want to do a collection post! I love yours :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a huge collection compared to me! I used to have drawers and drawers full but when I moved I threw it all out and just took what I used on a daily basis. I have about 4 eye shadows, 2 foundations, 1 blusher, 2 bronzers and ONE mascara! Its been hard for me haha but a good habit to get in to I think. Means nothing gets wasted... but I miss having lots... you have some great bits I am very jealous!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ hannahbabeyxo - I'd love to see your collection! This was a really fun post to do :)

    @ Haribo - that must've been so hard getting rid of everything. Although sorting everything out made me realise how little of my collection I actually use on a daily basis...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a great collection! It sounds like a good idea to sort out my make up, I think I'm going to be surprised at how much stuff I don't use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. holllly crap you own so much!!! i want all ya ippys ;P xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI!my name's martina and I think that your blog is very nice!I'd like you visit my blog and if you want follow me! I wait you and your tips! kiss kiss ;D

    marti

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just had a clear out, and then blogged a pic of my trimmed down collection on my brand spanking new blog. I found it really theraputic laying it all out, if not a bit uilty for how much money i have spent on it all! but makeup makes us girls happy i guess!

    Love ur collection, love ur blog

    x

    prettyladyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello
    this blogger stole your photos
    http://eeverywomen.blogspot.sk/2013/04/zbierka.html

    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig