Sunday, 3 October 2010

When It Rains, I Shop

I've gone shopping crazy over the last couple of days. That goodness it was payday this week...I blame the weather for this consumerist excess. It's so miserable outside that the only thing that's going to cheer me up at the moment is some new clothes and beauty goodies.

First stop, Superdrug. The recent cold weather has made me feel in need of some pampering so I picked up a couple of facemasks - a fruity one and a tea tree one. These were both around 80p so I'm not holding out for miracles but they should be fun to use - I used to be a big fan of peel of masks when I was younger so felt quite nostalgic buying them (you know you're a beauty addict when you get nostalgic over a face mask). I also picked up some Garnier Pure cleansing pads which I'm hoping will help to clear up the stubbon break-out on my chin at the moment:

Photobucket

Next up, House of Fraser. I picked up this cute top from the Oasis concession, reduced from £38 to £20. When I got to the till it was knocked down again to £16 due to their 20% off day - bargain!

Photobucket

The colder weather has made me finally abandon my bare legs, I did make it to the end of September without wearing tights but was getting sick of having goose-bumpy legs so some new tights were in order. I picked up these three pairs from Topshop - I love the corset ones the most, can't wait to wear them!

Photobucket

My last shopping stop was Primark...I'm not a huge Primark fan really so was surprised to find quite a lot of decent stuff in there. I got this crochet jumper for £9 and a velvet bodycon skirt for £5 (I've been looking for a new bodycon skirt for ages to find one which also taps into this season's velvet trend and is only a fiver is pretty amazing!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

What have you been purchasing lately?
Share:

9 comments

  1. Great buys, love those tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh love that skirt, and those tights.
    I've been shopping crazy lately also...damn rain. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the title of this post. Loving your guest blog piece too- will be getting posted next week xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up the pomegranete mask yesterday on my superdrug mini-haul. It looks fun :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them tights, I've been eyeing up them for ages aha, I love long jumpers and boots at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Ray - glad you like the post, looking forward to seeing my guest post on Who Is She :)

    @ Jenny - I'm looking forward to trying the pomegranete mask, need to set some time aside for pampering!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I also get nostalgic over facemasks =)
    Love the corset tights too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went shopping in Primark on Thursday, I have never really had much luck in there before but when I normally go in I just can't be bothered because most of the clothes are on the floor! I decided yesterday though that I was going to have a proper look and I'm glad I did because I ended up buying 2 pairs of shoes, a bag, hair band and the same crochet jumper as you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig