Tuesday, 12 October 2010

What I Wore...In Barcelona

Packing for a holiday is something that I always find a bit of a challenge - I spend ages deciding what to wear each day and having to plan outfits in advance isn't easy...I usually dress to suit my mood on a particular day and despite having far too many clothes, I feel like nothing in my wardrobe naturally fits together in "outfits" - aaaah!

I've just come back from a mini-break to Barcelona. I went for only 3 nights so only took hand baggage on the plane which, while great for avoiding check in queues and baggage conveyor belt dramas, further added to my packing stress. With no space for those "will I, won't I" wear this pieces, I eventually decided on two day dresses and my new leopard print jumpsuit. The day dresses are so easy to wear and can be dressed up for evenings with jewellery while the jumpsuit was a bit of a risk - I'd never worn it before and don't think I could wander around my hometown in a leopard print all-in-one without attracting some strange looks but the thought of a new city to explore and (hopefully) sunny weather meant that it was thrown into my bag along with my ever faithful vintage sandals and a couple of Topshop cardigans.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jumpsuit: New Look, Bracelets: Oliver Bonas, Black and White Dress: Zara, Belt: Matalan, Wrap Dress: M&S Limited Collection, Sandals: Vintage (via my Grandma)

What are your packing tips for holidays and mini-breaks? Are you more adventurous with your style when you're away from home or do you stick with tried and tested outfits?
Share:

11 comments

  1. I love that Zara dress, really lovely. And the wrap dress.
    I have a similar jumpsuit and wore it quite a bit in summer, don't really know how to wear it in winter though.

    My holiday packing is very haphazard and usually rushed. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Kelly - I was thinking of maybe layering a tshirt under the jumpsuit or wearing a long cardi over it, I want to make the most of wearing it at the moment as the animal prints are everywhere for autumn! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowee you look gorgeous miss!
    i really like the jumpsuit, i could never pull that off xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these outfits expecially the jumpsuit! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you look !! great loving your blog !! new follower hope you can follower too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I am a big fan of leopard print (and that jumpsuit is a really great piece), I would say that the second dress is so amazing I couldn't take my eyes of it! You look amazing, many kisses, have a nice day!

    xoxo,
    Froso from Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Froso - thank you :) I can't wait to wear it again and it was an amazing bargain in the Zara sale!

    @ Curves ahead makeup - thanks for following :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. that jumpsuit is lovely ♥ http://ohwaywardgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous outfits, you look so pretty :)

    x Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig