Saturday, 2 October 2010

Ready, Set, ACCELERATE!

A month ago, I was sent Rimmel's new Lash Accelerator mascara. See my first thoughts on it here. Lashes are having a bit of a beauty moment with a multitude of products out there claiming to enhance your natural lashes, this mascara adds to the array of lash enhancing products by claiming to instantly lengthen and thicken lashes AND lengthen your natural lashes by 117% after 30 days of wear.

So...30 days later, here are the results of my "Lash Challenge". I wore this mascara pretty much everyday (aside from 2 days when I didn't leave the house and so didn't apply make-up) and didn't miss the rest of my mascara collection at all during the Lash Challenge - I love the application of this mascara and how it gives me the lash look that I desire, thick, black, dramatic lashes. But, did it work?

Here are my natural lashes at the start of the 30 day challenge:

Photobucket

And here they are after 30 days, curled but with no mascara:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Can you see a difference?

I don't think that I can...to be honest, I wasn't really expecting to as I was quite sceptical of the claims of a mascara actually being able to make my lashes longer. So, I think I failed the Lash Challenge but I really like the mascara and will definitely carry on using this until it dries out.

Photobucket

Have you tried Lash Accelerator? What did you think of it?
Share:

9 comments

  1. Thats a shame, i cant really the see the difference! But the actual mascara looks nice! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely, sorry it didn't work though :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that's rubbish that it didn't lengthen your lashes but it still looks lovely on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the sexiest lashes ever, even when they're bare. :D It's honestly hard to tell if they're longer after 30 days. Looks like they are the same to me. I love the final result with mascara on, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if it's the difference of lighting between the two pictures, but I'm tempted to say I actually see a difference!

    But your lashes already appear so long even without mascara... I'M JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a shame, I could do to try and grow my lashes a bit. It looks like a nice mascara anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought there was a little bit of difference. I tried Lash Accelerator but didn't keep up using it so was wondering whether it does actually work.

    Have you tried Revlon Grow Luscious, it has similar claims?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Jellynat - thank you :)

    @ Gaby - when I look at the pictures again, I think my outer corner lashes maybe look a tiny bit longer...although that could just be wishful thinking!

    @ Sundaygirl - I really want to try Revlon Grow Luscious. I'm such a mascara junkie that I may have to get it to compare!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see a wee difference. I dont think Ill be heading out to get this anytime soon though!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig