Thursday, 7 October 2010

Lasting Finish?

Rimmel have recently re-launched their Lasting Finish lipsticks and as a Rimmel VIP I got sent two shades - Asia and Drop Of Sherry.

The new Lasting Finish Lipsticks boast an improved formula incorporating Colour Protect Technology, enriched with 50% longer-wearing colour-boost pigments for up to 25% more colour impact than traditional lipsticks.

Intensity, smoothness, shine and an up to 8-hour staying power - new Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick truly has it all.


I love both the shades that I got sent - Asia is a pinky nude and Drop of Sherry a darker russety pinkish red. My first impression of these lipsticks is that, like the other Rimmel lipsticks I've tried, they have a pretty strong smell. Personally, I don't mind this - I quite like the "lipsticky" smell of them and once applied, the smell disappears. The texture of these lipsticks is great, they apply smoothly and don't drag on my lips like other long-lasting lipsticks do. They feel moisturising and comfortable to wear and I like the finish - good colour pay off and a slight sheen.

Photobucket

I wore Drop of Sherry today to test out it's "long lasting" claims and I was very impressed, 4 hours later the colour was still as vibrant as when I applied it. After a much-needed Starbucks fix it did need touching up a bit. Asia also faired well, after about 4 hours the colour was still visible and while the sheen had worn off, I wasn't left with patchy colour or dried out lips. These lipsticks don't feel like long-lasting ones as they're not matte or drying, nor are they difficult to remove - no stained lips or make-up disasters if you accidentally smudge them while applying!

These are a lovely addition to my ever-growing lipstick collection and I'll definitely be wearing them both a lot this winter. I love how they leave my lips feeling soft and don't settle into the lines on my lips or flake off halfway through the day. While they do still need touching up, the colour fades pretty evenly and they're great for days when you don't have the time to keep reapplying your make-up.


Photobucket

Asia on the left, Drop of Sherry on the right.

Have you tried Lasting Finish? What's your favourite long-lasting lipstick?
Share:

4 comments

  1. I have a Rimmel lipstick in Drop of Sherry which I've had for about ten years, nice to know it's still around!
    & Asia looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the other girls say: Asia looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have asia but i dont remember it looking that nice om me maybe i will dig it out x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig