Tuesday, 12 October 2010

It Works: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

I thought I would start a new series on my blog. "It Works" will feature products that I love and which for me have, well, worked.

1. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

Photobucket

I have just ordered my second bottle of this from www.dhc.co.uk. As far as I'm aware, the products are only available online but there is free shipping on orders of £50.00 or more so that'd be great to take advantage of if you were wanting to start a new skincare routine from scratch.

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is currently on offer for £12 and is usually priced at £16. This is more than I usually pay for a skincare product but my first bottle of this lasted me over a year so its pretty good value. Also, now that I've reached the ripe old age of 23, I feel that I should be investing a little more in my skin and so £12 is not a huge price to pay for a product that really works for me.

Why Do I Love It?

I have normal skin with a slightly oily t-zone so oil is really the last thing I would want to be putting near my face. However, from the first time I used this product I could just tell that my skin liked it (I have sensitive skin and used to suffer from exzema so have to be careful what I put on my face). The oil comes in a pump bottle and I find that 1-2 pumps is enough to use, hence why it lasts so long.

I use this product in the evenings, after removing my eye make-up with Botanics eye make-up remover. I apply 1-2 pumps to a cotton pad and wipe the oil over my dry face - this effectively removes my face make-up and you can really see it coming off onto the cotton wool. If I'm wearing a lot of blush/bronzer I sometimes do a second application of the oil to make sure it is all off.

I then wet a washcloth and massage my face in circular motions to remove all the oil - the oil lightly foams when it makes contact with water and this ensures that it doesn't feel heavy on my skin or leave a greasy residue. After this, I wash my face with a face wash or face soap. I've just re-ordered DHC's Washing Powder which I liked when I made my previous order. In the past I've also used Clinque's Foaming Cleanser or just whatever soap I have on the go (I know that soap is meant to be bad for the skin but I've always used soap on my face and it doesn't seem to be doing my skin any harm).

Using this product in the evenings as part of a double cleansing routine has really made a differnce to my skin - it appears brighter, cleaner and softer. If I skip the Cleasing Oil my face just doesn't feel as clean and I get dry patches on my cheeks and chin with facewash alone.

I think this product would work for most skin types but rememeber that everyone's skin is different so what works for me may not work for you. There are other cleansing oils out there - I looked at Mac's, Shu Uemura's and Laura Mercier's but decided to go back to DHC's as its less expensive and I already knew that it worked for me. I rarely repurchase products and don't really have a set skincare routine (although I do always remove all my make-up before bed, I'm just not particularly fussed with what I use to do the job) so for me to use a product everyday and keep going back to it means that the product is pretty special!

Do you use a cleansing oil?
Share:

4 comments

  1. I haven't even heard of this company but this product sounds brilliant - off to have a nosey just now! Looking forward to this series! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!
    I use bioderma at the moment but its quite hard to get hold of so I may give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Nicola - I hadn't heard of them until I got some samples of their products at a fashion event. Apparently they're very popular in Japan!

    @ Emma Jade - just had a look at Bioderma, the products look really nice, shame they're hard to get hold of.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used a sample of this with something else that I bought and even after using it once, it gave me effects that I hadn't experienced with other products even after using them for weeks.

    You have the same skin type as me so if you can get yourself a sample of the mild soap..do so because it is brilliant for our skin types.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig