Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Happy Blog Birthday To Me!

LilyLipstick is one today! I started my blog on October 27th 2009 - I can't believe how fast the year has flown by or how I ever lived without blogging before.

Photobucket

photo from Google Images

My blog didn't exactly start out as a fully formed, perfect blog - it's definitely been a big learning curve for me in just blogging itself. Taking good photos, writing reviews, figuring out html codes, finally getting my photos hosted by Photobucket rather than battling with Blogger...hopefully my posts have improved from my first few attempts!

I've had an amazing year blogging - here are a few highlights:

- discovering amazing products through other bloggers. I was too scared to order from ELF and had never heard of Sleek before I read blog reviews on them - now they're two of my favourite brands.

- winning lovely prizes in giveaways. I won Jen's Temporary Secretary giveaway and Peonies and Lilies' Blog Birthday giveaway - it's such a nice surprise to win something and I love my prizes!

- reviewing products for companies. I received some lovely skincare from Cellnique and am a Rimmel London VIP which has resulted in me getting sent some amazing products to try. It's such a privilege to get to try out a product and to know that your opinion counts.

- setting up a Twitter account. I really didn't "get" Twitter until I started blogging and while I'm not a fully fledged Twitter addict (yet) it's a great way to get to know fellow bloggers and companies.

- getting over 250 followers. I was amazed when I reached 50. Thank you all so, so much for sticking with my blog and commenting on my ramblings! xo

- discovering the amazing Green Monster and drooling over food blogs like Laura's super healthy recipies.

I think it's been a good first year for LilyLipstick and I can't wait for what's to come!
Share:

21 comments

  1. Happy blog birthday pretty lady!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blog birthday and congrats!
    I wish you many many more ones :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi dear! I'm a new follwer, but happy birthday to your blog :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blog birthday :)

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy blog birthday :) :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blog birthday missy! Keep up the good work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday blog !!! to many more

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!! Congrats!!! ^-^

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the blog birthday wishes! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy blog birthday from a new follower and fan :)

    a x
    www.girlinthecityglasgow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats and Happy Blogday!!!!

    You're blog looks absolutely fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats, and thanks for the follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on one year :) your blog looks fab so you can add one more follower to the mix. I've just started blogging recently and don't know how I ever lived without it either! I hope to have more than just 3 followers one day but I enjoy the writing just for myself even if no one else :) x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig