Saturday, 16 October 2010

Deliveries, Freebies & Bargains

I really need to impose a spending ban on myself. This really is going to be my last haul for a while! I definitely feel ready for winter now and can't wait to actually start wearing some of my new purchases and hopefully doing some more outfit posts to show them off.

First up, my DHC delivery arrived. I blogged about the Deep Cleansing Oil here and also ordered a face wash. You get to choose four free samples with every order and so I went for a deep conditioning hair treatment, a mini olive soap, an AHA skin treatment and an eye cream.

Photobucket

Next, some No 7 freebies. My mum purchased the "Protect and Perfect" range a couple of weeks ago but didn't like the products. She gave me the day cream, eye cream and serum to try. I've never used anti-aging products before and I'm only 23 so probably don't need them just yet but I'm looking forward to trying these out anyway as I've heard so many good things about the range.

Photobucket

Finally, clothes shopping (again). One of the few fashion advantages to being 5'1 is that children's clothes still fit me. I picked up this cute purple cardi for only £5 from H&M kids. I also got the imitation leather mini skirt for £7 which I'm so pleased about - I tried the skirt on a few weeks ago and really wished I'd bought it as soon as I got home so it was great to buy something in the sale that I had actually considered buying at full price (I'm terrible at buying things just because they're bargains).

Photobucket

From New Look I got my "Alpine" cardigan (is Alpine even the name of the trend? That's what I'm calling it, anyway) which I'd been searching for the last couple of weeks. This one is perfect and it feels so soft and warm too. Also in New Look, I picked up this cute nautical tshirt for only £5 from the concessions sale rail. I love stripes and feel like it's a little tribute to Jen as she always looks fab in stripy bretton tops.

What have you purchased lately?
Share:

9 comments

  1. Cute! By the way the 'trend' is called Fairisle :) misskirstyadores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh DHC is fab, i love their skincare sooo much. Also i love that skirt, very sexy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm I know what you mean about being able to buy kids clothes - great at times eh?! I can fit into 12-13 in Newlook, which is worrying. I've posted a 11things for 11pounds haul on my blog if you're interested in checking out what I've bought xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kirsty - thank you! I knew it wasn't called Alpine!

    @ Em - glad to find another DHC fan! I think it's so underrated for how good the products are.

    @ Jenny - so many trends don't suit smaller folk so being able to fit into kids stuff is definitely worth taking advantage of!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure I've heard of DHC before... hope the products work for you!

    That's too bad your mother didn't like the No7 products, but at least you get to try them for free (= I know 23 is quite young for anti-aging products, but I'm using eye cream since I'm what... 16? LOL. I guess it's never too young to prevent signs of aging (=

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cardy is gorgeous. I think I my have to pay New Look a visit! The trend is called Fairisle but always call them Sweden jumpers as I went to Stockholm with my friends last winter and we all got jumpers like that. Alpine is a nice name.

    I've heard so much about H&M kids. I really must have a look. I think I might be pushing it heightwise at 5'6", but maybe I could go for the cropped look? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Gaby - I've been using eye cream for a while too. I think eyes are the first place to show signs of aging so hopefully it'll do some good!

    @ sunday girl - H&M kids is definitely worth a look, the cardis would look really cute as cropped ones and the prices are amazing!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've wanted to try that no7 serum for so long! think i will get it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've purchased clinique's all about eyes rich & lash volumnizing mascara & YSL Touche Eclat.

    oh btw i really like that purple cardigan of yours!

    Please check out my blog and the bare escentuals giveaway kit!
    www.pinkfairybun.com

    Thanks!x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig