Monday, 25 October 2010

17 Wild Curls Mascara

I've been wanting to try 17 Wild Curls mascara for a while so it made my day to win their Twitter compeition last week. I tweeted what I thought makes a good mascara (I said "super black") and was sent a tube of Wild Curls in "Wildest Black". My rules for a good mascara are as follows:

Must be black black black. I may be pale and fair haired but would never dream of using a brown mascara, it just seems wrong! I also hate "black" mascaras that dry to a dull dusty grey.

Must not flake off or smuge during the day. Self explanatory there.

Must give thick, dramatic, standout lashes. It made my day a couple of weeks ago when someone asked me where I "bought" my lashes from. Mother nature may have blessed me with naturally long lashes but they're so light that mascara makes all the difference.


So how does 17's Wild Curls fair?

Photobucket

Top: My lashes with two coats of 17 Wild Curls Mascara in Wildest Black (I created a 17 EOTD with 17 Shadow Singles in Beyond Bronze and Walnut Pearl in honour of the mascara)
Bottom: The brush compared to my current favourite mascara, Rimmel Lash Accelerator


17 Says: Create lashes as sultry and striking as the night with the new 17 Wild Curls Mascara in Wildest Black and let your lashes do the talking with bold, night-time allure.

Firstly, I love the packaging of the 17 mascara - gotta love a bit of leopard print. The wand is different from what I'm used to. Having used mostly rubber comb wands (Max Factor Masterpiece Max, 17 Defining Mascara) for the last year or so, I'd fallen out with traditional brush wands until the Lash Accelerator came along. 17's mascara has a traditional brush style wand but the bristles are arranged in a spiral formation. I thought this would make it hard to apply but the brush was actually really easy to use and the perfect size - no annoying blobs of mascara all around my eyes as with Benefit's Bad Gal Lash.

This mascara made my lashes look long, full and more curly (I always curl my lashes first anyway though - can't live without my eyelash curlers!). I love how black and pigmented the mascara is and it lasted all through the day without a smudge in sight. Top marks, 17!

17 Wild Curls Mascara is available from Boots for £5.99 - bargain!

Have you tried Wild Curls mascara?
Share:

8 comments

  1. I haven't tried it, but I keep umming & arrrring over it :) it looks good though. Great review & ur lashes look great
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh thank you for this. Might have to give it a go x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find that the cheaper stuff is ten times better :) And conveniently I need a new mascara! Will have to check it out :)
    Also...all your 'rules' are identical to mine!
    Im very fair but brown looks horrible on me!
    Thanks for the comment,
    www.clashingtime.blogspot.com <3
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review, your lashes look striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The packaging certainly helps my liking of the product too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was umming and ahhing over this a few weeks ago and took the plunge and so glad i did! Knocked my maybelline colossal off the top spot. Such a fab mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Steph0188 - 17 products are 3 for 2 at the moment so if you need anything else it could be a great chance to try it out.

    @ Pippa - I agree, I never spend more than £7ish on a mascara and black lashes are a must!

    @ Fudgesmoothiesmakeup - I used to use Colossal too but definitely prefer this, the brush is so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tried it and I absolutely love it. I did a little review on it recently too :) I usually buy really expensive ones like Dior but they cost even MORE in the euro now I live in Malta so when I popped back to England I stocked up on cheaper brands. I was drawn to this by the packaging and I'm really glad I found it. Looks great on you too :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig