Monday, 27 September 2010

Sleek and Glamourous

A couple of months ago I took out a subscription to Glamour Magazine, party because I love the magazine (I'm a magazine addict) and because of the Sleek make-up set offered as a subscription gift. The gift landed on my doormat a few days ago, I'd actually completely forgotten about it so it was a lovely surprise to get a jiffy bag full of Sleek goodies.

Here's what I got:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sunset Palette
Nail polish in Bare
Pout Polish in Pink Cadillac
Blusher in Flamingo
Eye Dust in Breathless


The Sunset Palette is gorgeous. I'm sure you've already seen hundreds of swatches of the shadows so I won't go into too much detail but will just say that the shades are really pretty and wearable. I think these palettes are around £5 so they're amazing value.

I've never tried a Sleek nail polish before so I'm looking forward to giving this one a go - expect a NOTD soon!

I've been planning on buying the Pout Polish for the last month or so, only to find the pink shade sold out in every branch of Superdrug I went into. I love this product, I've used it everyday since I got it. It smells lovely, sweet but not sickly and is far more pigmented than I was expecting. It leaves my lips feeling soft and glowy rather than glossy.

The blusher looks scarily bright in the pan - seriously bright pink! However, when applied lightly its totally wearable and now that my skins paler I'm using pinky blushers more than my bronzers. I like how this is matte as its hard to find matte blushes in drugstore brands. If I want a shimmery highlight then I layer Mac's Dainty blusher on top.

The eye dust looks quite grainy and chalky in the pot but when applied its really smooth and very pigmented. It's also very long lasting - I swatched some on my hand it it wouldn't wash off with soap and water.

Photobucket

Breathless eyedust and Flamingo blusher.

Photobucket

The blusher on. Not as scary as it looks.

Photobucket

A quick EOTD with the Sunset palette. I used the 4 shades on the right hand side of the bottom row. I found that the eyeshadows did cause a little bit of shimmery fall-out on my cheeks, next time, I'll apply a bit more shadow base or try applying them with a damp brush.

What are your favourite Sleek products?
Share:

8 comments

  1. That's such good value! Looks brilliant too :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that amazing gift!! I am looking forward to trying Sleek products, I am quite new to the brand!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! fantastic freebies you got there! =) I wish we had that kind of subscription gift here in the Phils.! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this advertsied in the magazine and thought about subscribing for it. The blush is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh your lashes are so gorgeous and long! pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunset palette looks stunning. What a gorgeous surprise package to get :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sleek palette excites me ! LOL

    Pity its not available in Australia >__<

    Jahnice !

    P.S - You have amazing eye colour hehe !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice gift, I adore Sleek palettes, Storm is my favourite. I have Sunset too but don't get a whole lot of use out of it. The pout polishes are great too but I need to try the blushers :)
    Kat x Click&Make-Up

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig