Friday, 3 September 2010

Plaits Please

I am very unadventurous with my hair. It seems as if to compensate with my experimentation with make-up and clothes, my hair takes a backseat and day in, day out looks exactly the same. Long, straight and pinned back at the front due to my hatred of hair anywhere near my face.

However. A few days ago, mid blow dry, my hairdryer suddenly died leaving me with half dried hair. In a fit of sudden inspiration I quickly transformed my half-blow dried mess into this Diane Kruger inspired do:



























This took me about 5 minutes and was really, really easy. I did two French plaits, securing them with black elastics, crossed the plaits over and kirby gripped them in place, tucking in the pigtail ends. Finally, I added the Topshop flower grips. Not bad for a rare up-do effort!

The next day, I unravelled the style to reveal pretty waves. I remember my mum plaiting my hair before bed when I was little and waking up in the morning to unravel the tiny plaits. The waves lasted all day with a bit of GHD Salt Spray scrunched in.



























Make-up: 17 Pressed Powder, ELF Undereye Concealer, Sleek Face Contour Kit, Nars blusher - Nico, L'Oreal Superliner, the soon-to-be-blogged-about mascara, Natural Collection lipstick - Pink Mallow

How do you style your hair? Do you experiment with up-dos, heated appliances and accessories? Or do you wear the same style everyday? I'd love to know :)
Share:

14 comments

  1. Ooo it looks really good!! I might have to ty it! My hairs quite heavy though :( xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Victoria India - thank you! I have quite thick hair but lots of kirby grips meant it stayed in place all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Both styles look great :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm horribly lazy with my hair. Sometimes I will put little papers in it to get curl but most of the time, I let it free and wild. And in my face because I kind of hide behind it. I wish I was less lazy.

    You're super cute on those 2 pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! u have gorgeous hair i love it! i am completly with you when u say u hate having hair in your face i cnt stand it! if i can't be bothered i just stick a elastaic hair band round my head to keep it all off my face! i love anything to do with plaits though its a good way to keep hair out of my face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is amazing!i often do this style with my hair too and get the same results:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. these plaits are beautiful!
    i may have to give them a go myself
    belle xxxx
    ellabellevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Louise - thank you :)

    @ Jellynat - I feel like I hide behind my hair a bit too. I so rarely wear it up as it makes me feel so exposed!

    @ Arabian eyes - thank you :) glad I'm not the only one who can't have hair in my face! I could never have a fringe despite how cool I think they look.

    @ Irene - thank you :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Belle - do give it a go, it's so easy and only took me 5 mins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks lovely. I'm so lazy with my hair. It has a wave to it but I do the plait thing every now and then the added bonus of the day after wavy do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am exactly the same!! This is STUNNING though :)
    Im so jealous! My hair is so thin, it leaves me with few options! But love this :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love messing around with different hairstyles.
    Braids are my favourites. I put them all over the show.
    They always look so pretty.
    Lovely.

    www.beccasdaydreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both styles are gorgeous. My hair takes a backseat too to make up. Grat blog. I rcently found it and am following. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it! I have too much hair and not enough patience to do my own up-dos!

    www.kaitlynmaness.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig