Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Lush: Ice Blue Review

Last week when I picked up some Lush goodies for my birthday I got given a free sample of Ice Blue soap.









Ice Blue is a translucent blue soap topped with a "sea salt" layer. Lush say:

The intense and tingly peppermint soap. Peppermint has this amazing quality of making you feel cool when you're hot and warm when you're cold. When you're in a warm shower, rub Ice Blue soap on your body and it gives you a refreshing, tingly feeling all over.

To me, this soap smells like the "Lush shop smell" with a minty kick to it. I love the way the Lush stores smell, I guess it's the mixture of all the products, so I really like the smell of this.

I used this soap in the bath, my first impression was that it was really difficult to get it to lather up and thought that this was due to the soap containing natural ingredients. I like soap that lathers so was willing to overlook this due to the benefits from the "natural" product. However, a quick browse of the Lush website reveals that the soap does contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS). I like soaps and shampoos that lather, I don't feel like they're doing their job if they don't product a nice bubbly foam so the lack of lather from this soap was quite disappointing and can't even be excused by the soap being SLS free.

Once I did coax some later out of it, the soap did smell lovely and while not giving me the promised "tingly" feeling, it did leave my skin feeling clean with a lingering smell. After a few uses, the soap now lathers with slightly less effort although for me, it is too drying for use in the bath or shower which is a shame as I really like the smell of this soap.

Would I re-purchase? Probably not. Despite the fact that this is one of the cheapest soaps Lush offers (£2.85/100g) and that it is now making itself useful as my hand soap, I really want to try Honey I Washed The Kids and Porrige which will hopefully be more moisturising and better for my skintype.

Which is your favourite Lush soap?
Share:

2 comments

  1. Hi sweetie!
    I simply adore Lush, but i've tried the Porridge soap and i can say i'm really dissapointed...all those nasty (how do you call them? grains? i don't even know what they are!) are very uncomfortable when you try to go all over your body whith it. Plus, it doesn't make any foam and it's not moisturizing. Otherwise, it smells delicious, but the smell won't last.

    My favourite soap is by far Honey i've washed the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Irina - thanks for letting me know abouut the Porridge soap. I think I'll definitely get Honey I Washed The Kids next as it smells so sweet and lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig