Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Fashion Tag

I was tagged by the lovely Caz. I think this is a great tag for getting to know the person behind the blog a little better.

What is your favourite fashion accessory?

I love hair accessories. I have long hair and can't stand it near my face so hairclips and headscarves are my best friends. I also love bags - my favourites are a Marc Jacobs across body bag that I bought for myself as a Reading Week treat last year and an Osprey handbag that my mum bought for me as an A Level results present. I love how bags last forever and, if you choose well, transcend seasonal trends.

Who's your fashion role model? (In real life and YouTube/Blogging)

I love Blair Waldorf's style in Gossip Girl, she always looks so chic and put together. I follow quite a few fashion blogs but wouldn't say that I have a fashion role model. Style is so individual and I'd hate to shamelessly copy someone else's look. Bloggers are great for inspriation though and for showing looks that work in real life, on real people.

What do you always carry with you?

I always have my iPhone, Oyster Card, Filofax diary, a magazine or book and my make-up bag with me. I can't leave the house without my handbag (usually a Longchamp pilage as you can fit so much inside).

What would you describe your style as?

My style is quite varied. I wear a mix of high street and vintage and while I don't slavishly follow trends I try to incorporate on-trend items into my look. Some days I wear skirts, heels and a cute cardigan - that was my everyday look at uni as it's smart but not overly so. Other times I'm in cut off demin shorts, leggings, tshirts worn as dresses...I like to vary my look or I feel like I'm in "Lily uniform"! I'm petite so a lot of clothes look ridiculous on me but I now know what works for me style wise while still occasionally stepping out of my style comfort zone. I wear heels pretty much everyday as I find flat shoes quite uncomfortable and I'd never wear trainers apart from to the gym.

Favourite: jeans, sunglasses or heels?

I don't wear jeans (or any trousers for that matter). I do have a pair of jeggings if that counts, though?

My favourite sunglasses are my Gucci ones - I bought them five years ago with my first ever bonus. I still love them.

My favourite heels are a nude patent leather pair from Nine West. So comfortable and they make my legs look longer.

What inspired you to blog about fashion?

I never started out with the aim of blogging about fashion...I started doing my make-up blog but found that for me, fashion and make-up are very much linked so occasionally I do outfit posts. I'm always running late so I'd never have the time to photograph my outfits everyday but I'm going to try to do more fashion-related posts as I love putting looks together and want to share some of my fashion finds.

What is your favourite fashion store/shop?

I love Topshop but find it quite overpriced so I shop in H&M and Zara quite a lot. I also love going to Selfridges and House of Fraser as you can get lots of brands under one roof and it makes it so much easier to shop. Secretly, I'm a big M&S fan and people are often really surprised to find out that something I'm wearing is from M&S when they compliment me on an outfit!

What is your favourite fabric in clothing?

Denim. It's versertile and despite my not wearing jeans I love denim shorts and my denim jacket.

Who is your favourite designer?

I don't own any designer clothes but I'd love to own a Diane Von Furstenburg dress one day. I love Marc Jacobs and Alexander McQueen's designs too.

Who/what inspires your style?

I'm inspired by people I see out and about in London - unexpected combinations or new ways to wear what I already have. I'm also inspired by vintage style and wear a lot of my grandma's old clothes as we're exactly the same size. It's great to have something that no one else owns and also to wear clothes that have a story behind them - I wear the suit jacket that my grandma got married in as a blazer in the winter.

What would you choose to do - buy something in high quality or make it yourself if you could?

I think I'd go with buying something high quality. I don't think I'd ever have the time to make something from scratch and I love buying nice things in shops and getting the giant carrier bag to carry my purchases off in.

I'd like to tag:

Anyone who's reading this. Let me know if you do the tag or if you've already done it!



















































Pictures from We ♥ it.
I don't like blog posts without pictures.
Share:

9 comments

  1. Oh my god, that picture of the Louis cake and cupcakes is so adorable! I also like that you don't slavishly follow trends. Right on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, nice to know what a blogger really thinks about fashion, love the fact you wear some of your grandmas clothes, I do that, and it's always a great look.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that Louis Vuitton cake xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. heyyy i just tagged you to do a 9 random facts tag if you fancied it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Ashwini @ Ray - the cake is amazing...I wish it was my birthday cake!

    @ Kel - Glad I'm not the only one embracing Grandma vintage!

    @ Emma - thank you :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really interesting post, that cake is just amazing lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I just started a blog and wanted to do a fashion tag! Yours was such a good tag... Anyway you can read it here: http://prettyinpinkglitters.blogspot.com/2010/09/fashion-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad I found this :) Just made a post with the tag; http://julianachow.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this was fun, just made a post :)
    http://styleground-beautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig