Friday, 24 September 2010

Autumn Days

The Autumn weather was out in full force yesterday, grey - check, rain - check, cold - check. I am definitely a summer girl at heart and often struggle with dressing appropriately for colder weather but I quite liked my autumnal outfit from yesterday:
























Jacket - Next, Lace top - A/Wear, Nude cami - M&S, Skirt - M&S Limited Collection, Sandals - vintage, Scarf - Topshop

The sandals were maybe an unsuitable remnant of summer but due to a horrible blister from wearing a new pair of Topshop shoes the day before they were the only thing that were comfortable. I need to start being nicer to my feet.

As for my make-up, the dark skies and colder weather mean that I can now wear dark lips during the day without it looking too much or worrying about it melting off my face:





















Face: ELF Undereye Concealer, 17 Pressed Powder, Benefit It Stick, Barry M blush in No 7, Mac MSF in Redhead
Eyes: L'Oreal Superliner in Carbon Gloss, Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara in Black
Lips: Mac Cyber with Clinique Red-y To Wear brushed on top


I'm definitely going to be wearing dark berry lips a lot this autumn. I'm feeling (and looking) so pale at the moment so nude lipsticks have been banished to the back of my make-up box as they just make me look ill. I'll also be welcoming back smokey eyes with my NYX Smokey Eye kit and swapping my bronzers for pretty pink blushes.

What autumn trends will you be working?
Share:

9 comments

  1. ahh we're the opposite, i love winter! great post, love the outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your vintage sandals, the whole outfit is lovely:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good lady! Again I'm the opposite I love cosy hats and scarfs!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh i love your make-up, i wish i could wear a bold color on lips, like you do!
    Thanks a lot for following my blog, unfortunately i'm writing it in romanian 'cause it's more easy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look soooo cute in those photos. I love the sandals x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty girl! The oufit is really cute and I love the lip colour!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. i looove it u look so nice hun! so fresh

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Belle - thanks, they're my favourite sandals ever, so comfortable!

    @ Irina - your blog is fab even if I can't read it!

    Seems like most people prefer winter clothes to summer ones...I think I need to get inspired for winter fashions and maybe then I'll start to love them more!

    x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig