Thursday, 30 September 2010

All The Fun Of The Fair & New Look Finds

I helped out at a charity vintage clothing sale today - a great day, raising awareness for sustainable fashion and money for environmental charities AND as a helper, the chance to have first pick of all the items!

I found this gorgeous faux fur stole with the tag still attached for the bargain price of £1. I already have one in black but ever since Jen's post featuring a gorgeous cream stole, I've wanted to add to my faux fur collection:

Photobucket

I also picked up two scarves, a silk one for using as a hairband and a golden beige pashmina style scarf, both £1.

Photobucket

From second-hand and sustainability to the consumerist excesses of the high street...I've been loving New Look's clothes so far this season. The choice is great and the prices are so affordable. Add to this the recent 20% student discount, I've been in bargain heaven. I picked up this cat jumper dress last week for £20, it's so cute and I can't wait to wear it with opaque tights and boots.

Photobucket

I've been lusting after a jumpsuit for a while, despite fearing that such a garmet would do no favours for my 5'1 figure and may make me feel like I'm wearing a babygro, I still wanted one. I tried on a couple on my birthday shopping trip but couldn't justify spending my hard-earned cash on something that I was still slightly uncertain about. Still, my dreams of jumpsuits didn't go away and I was delighted to find this printed number reduced to only £12 in New Look today - it's actually far more flattering on than I ever thought a one-piece could be and I love the print. I can't wait to wear this!

Photobucket

What are your latest vintage and highstreet fashion finds?
Share:

7 comments

  1. cute finds!! love the cute cat dress. not keen on jumpsuits but this one is cute- especially for a sale item!!
    the charity finds are great too!!I love bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul!I love scarves for fall!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i can't believe you got those first goodies for £1 each! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some amazing finds! I love the scarves and the cat dress! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop by our blog and enter our giveaway!
    http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com/2010/09/our-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stole is so so gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig