Thursday, 26 August 2010

FOTD...and a new lust

I haven't posted a FOTD for so long...my skin's been awful lately so close-up photos of my face have not been top of my list of things to blog about...thankfully, it seems to be getting better now so I finally have a FOTD to show you!























Face -
Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer - under eyes
Benefit It Stick Concealer - on blemishes
17 Oil Control Powder
Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light
Nars Blush in Nico

Eyes -
Urban Decay Primer Potion
L'Oreal Superliner in Carbon Gloss
Rimmel 1-2-3 Looks Mascara in Black
17 Defining Mascara in Black


Lips -
Rimmel Lasting Finish in Amythyst Shimmer
Mac Viva Glam Gaga (on top)


The lip combination is my favourite thing about this look - Viva Glam Gaga is really sheer so layers really well over the Rimmel lipstick. I now feel like I need a lilac/purple lipstick...I realise that this isn't a common shade but so far have found Barry M's 129 in Boots for £4.95 which is a really pretty lilac-y shade:

























I've also come across Lime Crime's D'Lilac and Airbourne Unicorn. I've not used anything by Lime Crime before so not too sure on the quality or finish of these lipsticks. They're available from Space NK for £14:




























I'm surprised that Mac don't have any lilacs in their permanent collection but Illamasqua do. I've never used any Illamasqua products but have read good reviews on the brand. Their lipsticks are £15 and there are a couple of lilacy shades (I can't seem to get the pictures to copy from the website, grrr)


What do you think of lilac lipsticks? Have you used any of the ones I've mentioned? Or do you have a lilac find of your own - I'd love to know!
Share:

16 comments

  1. If you want to try a lilac lipstick with little commitment price-wise, nyx makes a lipstick called power that's very similar to blooming lovely by MAC which was LE :)

    I actually have one on my blog sale, haha not trying to sell you it or anything but it's the only cheap lilac that comes to mind! You can also buy it at cherryculture.com. Hope that helps! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that lip combo!! If you want to see how barry m 129 I posted on it here a wee while ago - I love it but don't wear it enough http://carrsky-carrsky.blogspot.com/2010/04/spring-lips.html

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Nicola - thanks! 129 looks gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Ariel - that's such a pretty lilac, slightly paler than what I had in mind but still very pretty! NYX products are quite hard to get hold of in the UK so thanks for the blogsale and website tip-offs :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,
    lovley blog,i'll follow you ;)

    http://marlene-feelgoodinc.blogspot.com/

    xoxo marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your skin looks really good actually! And I love the lip colour :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you´ve got such wonderful blue eyes! (:
    nice blog :)


    http://hairspraydenim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great blog!

    please check out my blog and enter my giveaway :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the lilac look, definetly worth trying out.
    I really like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your eyes! i think your skin looks great. if i were into lipsticks i would like the lilac colors.

    http://ohtobeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so pretty, love what you did to your eyes! For me, I might just try a really light lilac color :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty look. I love the lipstick combination!
    I would love to try a lilac lipstick, but I worry that it wouldn't suit me...
    Btw, I really like your blog and have just tagged you in my latest blog post (as you are one of my newly discovered blogs) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're skin looks flawless:) xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig